- Active and outdoor
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See for yourself why the Icefields Parkway is considered one of the world’s most beautiful drives – a stretch of road that winds past soaring mountain peaks, lakes, valleys and waterfalls.
- Experience a special group hike through a closed ski area at the secluded Fortress Mountain – a filming site for many Hollywood blockbuster films.
- Go on two ice walks at Grotto and Johnston canyons, past frozen waterfalls, icy rock formations and possibly a few daredevil ice climbers.
- Put on all the gear and get competitive in ice hockey. The pros will show you the ropes, then you’ll get the chance to test out your new skills against them!
Canada is stunning any time of the year, especially in winter, so why not fulfil all your snow-covered fantasies in the Rockies? This action-packed trip is winter at its best, with hearty Canadian food and cosy lodging to satisfy the most seasoned traveller. Hike past rugged mountain ranges, try some cross-country skiing, skate on a lake in Invermere and see frozen waterfalls at Grotto Canyon. You’ll have the chance to travel the world-famous Icefields Parkway and hike the Athabasca Glacier, and soak in a natural hot spring amongst the forests in the Columbia Valley. Learn a thing or two about curling and hockey – two proudly Canadian sports – from the pros in Canmore, and dine on Canadian favourites in Lake Louise. Keep warm because this 10-day Rockies winter adventure is frosty. Seriously frosty.
Different landscapes. lakes and Bungle Bungles let you understand more about this wild Kimberley. If you like hiking,
swimming and drinking Champagne at the same time in the
Lake Agryle, go.”
Our tour guide was very well-organised and very helpful for those who required extra assistance - like losing baggage / passport / remembering wrong flight times / having gold fish memory (yes... this all happened in the trip..). You would't need to worry if you're clumsy or forgetful as Intrepid tour guides will have you covered.
The itinerary is skewed towards a leisure one hence why the average age of our group is 50+ ranging from late 20's to 70's. If you're simply looking for a cultural experience I'd say this is the perfect choice. But if you're a bit more active and adventurous like me then you may feel too protected and bored somtimes.
Lastly some tips for shopping - save your money until you get to Udaipur as there's many more options and prices are a lot better. That way you don't need to lug around extra weight early in the trip too. Remember to bargain at expensive & bigger shops (those are the wealthy ones and they rip you off by a big margin) and not so much at the smaller shops (they aren't as rich!). Tour guides would sometimes hush you into particular shops unfortunately.. but don't feel pressured to make a purchase (easier said than done though) as those shop keepers are good at pitching.”
Banff / Invermere
Banff National Park / Lake Louise
- Hotel (9 nights)
- 9 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Fortress Mountain - Guided snowshoe hike
- Canmore - Grotto Canyon Guided Icewalk
- Canmore - Learn to Be a Canadian Hockey Player
- Canmore - Introduction to Curling
- Columbia Valley - Guided snowshoe hike at Continental Divide
- Columbia Valley - Traditional maple taffy experience
- Columbia Valley - Ice skating on Windermere Lake
- Columbia Valley - Radium Hot Springs
- Panorama Resort - Guided snowshoeing
- Banff - All Canadian Lunch at Storm Mountain Lodge
- Banff National Park - Johnston Canyon Guided Icewalk
- Icefields Parkway - Hike to toe of Athabasca Glacier
- Any international flights to Canmore and from Calgary are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Canadian Rockies Winter Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 132+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Canadian Rockies Winter Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 October 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Canadian Rockies Winter Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Canadian Rockies Winter Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Less time spent in a vehicle; more time to explore each destination. This trip has been carefully designed to give you the best experience of a region by reducing the number of one-night-only stops, giving you extra time in the places that matter.
- The diversity of the seasons here makes for incredible scenery, but the weather in this region can be unpredictable. It’s best to wear layers at all times of the year in case conditions change during the day. At night the temperature can really drop, so bring your warm clothes.
- Winter weather can be unreliable. Roads in these areas are well-maintained and regularly ploughed, but in the event of unusually heavy snowfall there may still be delays and closures. The weather may also mean that some events are cancelled, or scheduled activities become unsafe. We will attempt to rearrange the itinerary or schedule replacement activities if this is the case.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Your fellow travellers
Joining point instructions