- Artists' villages, beautiful sandy beaches, craggy coves and rocky bays
- An abundance of nature: giant bamboo, cork oaks, olives and vines
- Rich in cultural history: ruined castles, hilltop fortresses, cathedrals and battlefields
- Lovely contrasting hotels including a converted mill in a large gardens
- Spectacular coastal views across to the Illes Medes
Rich with medieval villages, historic castles and churches, Catalonia (Catalunya) is contrasted with an impressive rocky coastline, dotted with pretty fishing villages, crystal-clear waters and beautiful golden sandy beaches. Steeped in culture and history, Catalonia's traditions date back over thousands of years.
Day 1: ARRIVE IN CALELLA DE PALAFRUGELL
Day 2: CALELLA DE PALAFRUGELL TO TORROELLA DE MONTGRI
Day 3: AT TORROELLA DE MONTGRI
Day 4: TORROELLA DE MONTGRI TO FIGUERES
Day 5: AT FIGUERES
Day 6: FIGUERES TO GIRONA
Day 7: AT GIRONA
Day 8: GIRONA TO CALELLA DE PALAFRUGELL
Day 9: LEAVE CALELLA DE PALAFRUGELL
- 8 nights accommodation All breakfasts and 2 evening meals GPS route directions and navigation app,High quality bikes Luggage transfers between hotels
- Management by your local Headwater-appointed agent
- Travel insurance
- Single accommodation (available on request - compulsory supplement)
- Solo traveller supplements (where only one person is travelling on a departure date)
- Visas & vaccinations
- Earn US$ 87+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Catalan Cycling tour. You can cancel the tour up to 71 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 70 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 December 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 December 2022, a deposit of 15% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 70 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Catalan Cycling tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Catalan Cycling tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Group sizes are kept small to maintain a low risk ‘small group bubble’, with an average of 10 guests in each group.
- Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- All travellers will be required to be fully vaccinated no less than two weeks prior to travel.
How many days are enough for Europe?
You can spend a couple of months exploring Europe and still feel like you have not seen everything. Generally speaking, a two-week Europe trip should be just enough if you are looking to cover its major highlights. However, if you want a comprehensive travel experience within this duration, it is better that you focus on a region or a few countries rather than traveling all over the continent.
Choose a single country or schedule your trip around a handful of cities in different countries. While larger European cities may require three to four days to explore, you can get around smaller destinations in a day or two. Planning your trip around a particular region will cut down your travel time and save your time in transit.
How much does a tour to Spain cost?
The duration of your stay, the type of accommodation and services you wish to book, and the activities you want to experience play a key role in determining the costs of your Spain vacation. On average, 7 days in Spain, including accommodation and meals, can cost anywhere from USD 1,000 to USD 1,800 per person. Hotel rooms can start from USD 49 per person, per night and go upward of USD 209, while a meal at an inexpensive restaurant can be had for around USD 12. A meal in a decent restaurant can cost upward of USD 20 per person.
How do I plan a 15-day trip to Europe?
If you are planning to visit multiple countries, you should prepare a tentative list of destinations you are interested in. If it is your first trip, stick to major cities and cultural centers for the sake of simplicity and convenience. Also, be flexible and optimize your travel time and budget. Be open to changing your itinerary depending on schedules and ticket prices.
Where to travel in Europe?
Europe has swathes of spectacular landscapes, a rich history, and vibrant cultures. Therefore, deciding on the best travel destinations on the continent can be difficult. However, you can narrow down on highlights by choosing one overarching theme for your trip.
If you are looking forward to immersing yourself in art and history, then Italy, Spain, and France should be on the top of your list. Head for Switzerland, Norway, or Croatia if nature is what you love the most. For beaches and water sports, you will be hard-pressed to find better destinations than Greece, Portugal, and Montenegro.
Having said that, you can also diversify your itinerary by mixing and matching different elements of the same country. Italy tops the charts not just for its medieval monuments and Renaissance art but also for coastal scenery and sun-soaked beaches. Similarly, Spain is a foodie paradise as much as it is an architectural hotspot.
- What part of Spain should I visit?