- duration 7 days
- tour type Independent
- age requirement 18-99 yrs
- max group size 18
- Tour Code BM-26174
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Discover the otherworldly Moon Valley in the desert
- Explore stunning volcanoes, lagoons & geysers
- Take creative pictures in the famous Salar de Uyuni
Experience amazing sunsets, thermal waters and stunning deserts while travelling around Chile and Bolivia. Visit the Moon Valley, the Death Valley and the Atacama Salt Flats. Make your way to Chiguana salt flats, which is surrounded by volcanoes, and stop by a red-coloured lake, which acts as the main nesting centre for thousands of flamingos. Visit Inca Wasy, which is located in the middle of the expansive white Uyuni salt flats and take creative proportion-distorted pictures with your friends.
Day 1: Calama - San Pedro Atacama, Chile
Day 2: San Pedro Atacama, Chile
Day 3: San Pedro Atacama, Chile
Day 4: San Pedro Atacama, Chile - Uyuni, Bolivia
Day 5: Uyuni, Bolivia
Day 6: Uyuni - Villa Mar, Bolivia
Day 7: Villa Mar, Bolivia - San Pedro Atacama, Chile
- 3 Nights in San Pedro de Atacama and 3 nights in shared rooms during Uyuni trip
- 4 Breakfast(s), 3 Lunch(es), 2 Dinner(s),
- Airport Transfer, Van & 4WD Transport
- Calama airport pickup
- Transport during tours around San Pedro de Atacama
- 4WD transport on Uyuni tour
- English speaking guide during tours around San Pedro de Atacama and Spanish speaking guide on Uyuni tour
- Active adventures
- Moon Valley day trip
- Tatio Geysers, Machuca village & Salt Flat Lagoon visit
- Uyuni Salt Flats & Desert trip
- Other meals and drinks
- Airport drop-off
- Sleeping bag (Rental approx. $10 USD for the trip payable locally)
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees
- All the tips to the guides are optional and not included
- Optional gratuities
- Earn US$ 35+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Atacama & Uyuni Salt Flats Adventure 7D/6N tour. You can cancel the tour up to 63 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 62 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 10 February 2024, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 10 February 2024, a deposit of 20% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 62 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Atacama & Uyuni Salt Flats Adventure 7D/6N tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Atacama & Uyuni Salt Flats Adventure 7D/6N tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.
This 3-day tour itinerary is subject to change without prior notice according to weather conditions, strikes, roadblocks, or force majeure events which are beyond our control. During the rainy season from January to April, there are some modifications made to the itinerary. We will always do our best to follow the itinerary as close as possible.
It can get very cold especially during the winter months of June and July so take some extra warm clothes along too like a scarf and wool hat to keep warm. We also recommend bringing a 5 Liter bottled water so you can have enough water for the whole trip.
During Winter Season:
If your tour is confirmed during the winter season. Please be aware that the itinerary as well as the route are prone to changes without notice.
In case of severe weather conditions in Bolivia, the Uyuni Salt Flats tour may not operate.
This trip takes place at a very high altitude. The salt flats are around 5,000 meters above sea level, and most guests will be able to feel the effects. We recommend acclimating yourself to above 3,000 meters before the trip and bringing along medication for headaches and tablets for altitude sickness in case you feel unwell. And remember, the real key is to drink lots of water!
ACCOMMODATION / FACILITIES ON TOUR
The reality of visiting a remote area and immersing yourself in nature is that you will be far from modern facilities and the services will sometimes be slow and quite basic. Due to the harsh terrain, vehicle breakdowns are not uncommon, but the drivers are very used to fixing them and wait times are rarely excessive. The accommodations will be very basic, with cots and shared rooms, and the electricity and running water in the National Park are not as dependable as they are back at home. Toilet facilities may have a small local cost and the shower is only available the first day. Make sure to bring snacks, some water, toilet paper, and plenty of warm clothes. That said, with some patience, preparation, and an appetite for adventure, this trip will certainly be a positive and unforgettable experience.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Implemented COVID-19 Protocols