- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 5+ years old
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Explore Luxor and Cairo with a Local Specialist
- Visit the temples of Karnak, Luxor Museum, the temple dedicated to Goddess Hathor at Dendera, Luxor Temple, the Temple of Isis on the island of Philae, the Temple at KomOmbo, Queen Hatshepsut's Temple and the Colossi of Memnon in Luxor, the Valley of the Kings, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo
- View the Step Pyramid in Sakkara, the Great Pyramids and Sphinx at Giza, the High Dam and the Unfinished Obelisk in Aswan, the Botanical Gardens on Kitchener's Island, the Citadel, Alabaster and Sultan Hassan Mosques in Cairo
- See the Ramses II statue and Alabaster Sphinx in Memphis, the Sound and Light show in Giza
The enduring buzz of Cairo's bustling city streets and imposing Great Pyramids of Giza launch your discovery of Ancient Egypt. Cruise down the Nile to Kom-Ombo, past Luxor, and explore the Valley of the Kings.
Day 1: Welcome to Cairo
Day 2: Admire the Wonders of Giza
Day 3: Fly to Luxor and Embark on Your Nile Cruise
Day 4: Explore Ancient Dendera
Day 5: Journey to Aswan
Day 6: The High Dam and More in Aswan
Day 7: Onwards to Philae and Kitcheners Island
Day 8: Off to Ancient Kom-Ombo
Day 9: Sail to Stunning Luxor
Day 10: Disembark and Fly to Cairo
Day 11: Discover Colourful Cairo
Day 12: Farewell Cairo
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- 11 breakfasts
- 7 cruise lunches
- 7 cruise dinners
- Daily breakfast and an average of 50% of evening meals
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Escorted by one of Trafalgar's English-speaking Egyptologists / Travel Directors
- An expert Travel Director and professional Driver
- Audio Headsets for flexible sightseeing
- Seven-night luxury Nile Cruise
- Return flight from Cairo to Luxor
- Optional Experiences and free time
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Hand-picked Trip Highlights
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wonders of Ancient Egypt tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 233 today.
- Earn US$ 108+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wonders of Ancient Egypt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 90 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 89 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 23 January 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 23 January 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 89 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Wonders of Ancient Egypt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wonders of Ancient Egypt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Small group version of this tour may be available, which limits the group size to generally 29 people.
- Groups traveling together will be seated together, and face coverings will be required where mandated, otherwise it is the choice of our guests if they wish to wear face coverings when traveling on the coach. Additionally, all surfaces will be disinfected multiple times per day, and due to our high performing air filters the air within the coach will be completely filtered and changed every 2-3 minutes
- This tour requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at least 14 days before your departure day. Children aged 5-15, who are unable to be vaccinated, will need to provide proof of a verifiable negative test result for COVID-19 taken within 72 hours of this trip departure.