- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Overland Journeys
- duration 27 days
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 26
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- See the mummy of Rameses II in the Cairo Museum
- Guided tour of the pyramids, tombs and other wonders of Egypt
- Explore the ancient city of Alexandria
- See the famous Suez canal
Really experience Egypt and Sudan as we follow the Nile and explore the gems of the ancient civilisations along this mighty river. This trip of course visits the Egyptian highlights of the Pyramids of Giza as well as Luxor, Aswan and Abu Simbel, but offers so much more. We take an overnight Felucca to experience the life of the river, visit the bustling city of Alexandria and relax on the Red Sea coast. In Sudan we explore the deserts, towns and the great temples and pyramids of the Nubian region, learning about the Kingdom of the Kush. In Khartoum we have the opportunity to witness one of Africa's geographical highlights, the confluence of the Nile. Locally known as Al Mogran this is where the Blue Nile meets the White Nile and creates the world's longest river.
Day 1: Cairo
Day 2: Cairo
Day 3: Alexandria
Day 4: Alexandria
Day 5: Port Said
Day 6: Zafarana
Day 7: El Quseir
Day 8: Marsa Alam
Day 9: Marsa Alam
Day 10: Marsa Alam
Day 11: Luxor
Day 12: Luxor
Day 13: Luxor
Day 14: Aswan
Day 15: Nile Felucca
Day 16: Aswan
Day 17: Aswan
Day 18: Abu Simbel
Day 19: Wadi Halfa
Day 20: Wawa
Day 21: Karima
Day 22: Naqa
Day 23: Naqa
Day 24: Naqa
Day 25: Khartoum
Day 26: Khartoum
Day 27: Khartoum
- Overland Expedition Vehicle, Private Bus, Ferry
- Two Dragoman Crew Members, Local Guides where necessary
- Comfortable Hotel 2 nights
- Basic Hotel 14 nights
- Camping 1 night
- Multishare Hostel 3 nights
- Overnight Boat 1 night
- Camping without facilities 5 nights
- 26 Breakfasts
- 7 Lunches
- 7 Dinner
- Any international flights to Cairo and from Khartoum are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Splendours of Egypt & Sudan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 146+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Splendours of Egypt & Sudan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 14 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 14 August 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Splendours of Egypt & Sudan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Splendours of Egypt & Sudan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Local Payment The local payment is a group fund, paid separately from the trip price on the first day of the tour. It covers everything that the group does together on the ground. This is primarily hotel accommodation and campsite fees, meals whilst camping (but not while eating in restaurants), and included activities and puts money directly back to the local community. The local payment, or kitty system, is unique to overlanding tours and provides maximum flexibility and best value on the road - you can see exactly what is being paid for, you get everything at cost price, it keeps costs competitive by leveraging group expenses and saves on administrative costs. The fund is run by the tour guide, and any excess left over at the end is returned equally to the group. Local prices are estimated in USD when we print the brochure then reviewed monthly as local costs and exchange rates vary throughout the year. It's therefore important once you book your trip to check the website regularly and just before departure for any changes to the amount.