- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 5+ years old
- age_requirement 5+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cairo: Enjoy sightseeing including sweeping views over the city from the Citadel and a visit to the Great Alabaster Mosque.
- Giza: Be mesmerised by the Sound & Light Show at the Great Pyramids.
- Karnak: Stand amid a vast forest of columns in the largest temple complex known to man, as your Egyptologist explains the significance behind it. Walk the avenue of ramheaded sphinxes, see the of Rameses II and the Hypostyle Hall.
- Luxor: Visit Luxor Temple.
Egypt’s vast wealth of antiquities take centre stage here. Marvel at Karnak, the Pyramids and Sphinx, Tutankhamun’s treasure, and the ubiquitous hieroglyphics.
Day 1: Arrive in Cairo
Day 2: Fly to Luxor, Cruise the Nile.
Day 3: Exploring Dendera and Edfu.
Day 4: Edfu to Aswan.
Day 5: Aswans High Dam & Temple of Isis.
Day 6: Feluccas and High Tea.
Day 7: Free time and on to Kom Ombo.
Day 8: Cruising the Nile to Luxor.
Day 9: Explore Luxor and fly to Cairo.
Day 10: Cairo and the Pyramids of Giza.
Day 11: Cairo Sightseeing.
Day 12: Depart Cairo.
- Cruising: Join the fun at an Egyptian dinner and galabeya party, dressed in traditional Egyptian attire.
- Aswan: Follow the footsteps of Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie as you enjoy high tea in true colonial English-style at Aswan's famous Old Cataract Hotel, as the sun begins to set.
- Dining Summary: 11 Breakfasts (BB), 7 Lunches (L), 1 Afternoon Tea (AT) and 7 Dinners (D), all with bottled water plus tea or coffee. Festive Highlight Dinner: 24 Dec New Year's Eve dinner in Cairo which will replace an included meal.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom may be used on occasion.
- Included economy class flights between Cairo/Luxor and Luxor/Cairo with transfers between airports and hotels.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Cairo Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director and certified Egyptologist will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- 7 night Nile cruise aboard your mid-size cruise ship featuring air-conditioned cabins with private facilities, on either MS Medea, MS Miriam, MS Giselle, MS La Boheme or similar. Please note that gratuities are not included for the Travel Director, Nile Cruise staff, Drivers and Airport Escorts.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included - you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Luxor: Enjoy listening to stories of village life from local bakers when you visit a family home for a tasting of authentic Egyptian sun bread.
- Cairo: With your Egyptologist, gaze upon Tutankhamun's treasures at the Egyptian Museum, gaze upon the most recognisable symbols of ancient Egypt: the full-faced funeral mask, gold coffin, gilded throne and precious jewellery – all treasures of Tutankhamun.
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Splendours of Egypt tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 129+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Splendours of Egypt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 93 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 92 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 April 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 92 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Splendours of Egypt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Splendours of Egypt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- This tour will operate in smaller group sizes and uniquely configured coaches with fewer seats to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.