- River cruise
- duration 12 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
- max group size 20
Cruise the Nile in a manner once reserved for queens and pharaohs.
For 12 adventure-filled days, experience Egypt and the Nile’s most wondrous sites in style and luxury. Wander amongst the towering ruins of the Temple of Karnak, the world’s largest ancient religious complex, and the entrancing Temple of Luxor. Visit temples dedicated to Hathor, Horus, and other mythological figures, and pay homage to the country’s first female ruler at the Temple of Hatshepsut. Follow in the footsteps of renowned scholars and explorers as you venture forth into the Valley of the Kings, the ancient burial grounds of Egyptian royalty. You will enjoy an exhilarating ride in a felucca, a traditional Nile River sailboat.
This captivating itinerary begins and ends in Cairo, where you’ll visit the famous Egyptian Museum and its stupendous and unrivaled collection of pharaonic artifacts, including treasures recovered from the tomb of King Tutankhamun. Journey to Giza to gaze upon the mighty ancient Pyramids and the timeworn, enigmatic Sphinx—iconic images that continue to amaze.
An enchanting land of marvels, myths, and wonders old and new, Egypt is an extraordinary destination no culturally curious traveler will want to miss.
Day 1: Cairo
Day 2: Cairo
Day 3: Cairo, Fly to Luxor (Embark) Cruising the Nile River, Dendera
Day 4: Dendera, Cruising the Nile River, Luxor
Day 5: Luxor, Cruising the Nile River, Kom Ombo
Day 6: Kom Ombo, Cruising the Nile River, Aswan
Day 7: Aswan
Day 8: Aswan, Cruising the Nile River, Edfu
Day 9: Esna, Cruising the Nile River, Luxor
Day 10: Luxor (Disembark), Fly to Cairo
Day 11: Cairo
Day 12: Depart Cairo
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the gorgeous S.S. Sphinx or the elegant River Tosca
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites
- 4 nights in Cairo at the Four Seasons Hotel Cairo at Nile Plaza (or similar)
- Meals onboard prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 11 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 8 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome Reception and Dinner
- Farewell Dinner at the elegant Mena House Hotel
- Complimentary house wine, local beer, soft drinks, tea, and coffee will be served during lunch and dinner onboard
- 9 days of excursions, all fully hosted by English-speaking trained Egyptologists
- 1 country: Egypt
- 15 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Egyptologist
- Cultural enrichment
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Gratuities for onboard personnel (ship staff, crew, Cruise/Tour Manager) are included during the cruise/tour
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (2023) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 210+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (2023) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 October 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 October 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 120 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (2023) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Splendors of Egypt & the Nile (2023) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.