- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Visit the magical splendour of the Red Rose City of Petra
- Discover the spectacular Wadi Rum desert by 4WD jeep
- Explore the preserved GrecoRoman ruins of Jerash
- Take a relaxing dip in the Dead Sea
Appreciate the iconic sights of Ancient Egypt and Jordan. This journey captures the highlights of Pharaonic Egypt and magical Jordan. From Cairo we visit the pyramids of Giza, Saqqara and Dahshur, and the ancient capital of Memphis. We take the sleeper train to Luxor to visit the many beautiful temples and the tombs of the Pharaohs in the Valley of the Kings, before boarding our felucca boat. Sailing the Nile River by felucca is an authentic and memorable Egyptian experience, with regular shore excursions to the fascinating temples on the riverside and a day trip to the impressive and remote Abu Simbel. Returning to Cairo, we visit the renowned Egyptian Museum and some last minute sightseeing and shopping in the capital, before flying to Amman to sample Jordan’s quintessential delights. From the magical splendour of the Red Rose City of Petra to a 4WD exploration of the spectacular Wadi Rum desert, from floating in the Dead Sea to visiting the preserved Greco-Roman ruins of Jerash, this tour manages to encompass all of the best iconic sights of Egypt and Jordan.
Day 1 : Join Cairo
Day 2 : Visit the Great Pyramids, overnight sleeper train to Luxor
Day 3 : Arrive Luxor, sightseeing
Day 4 : Visit Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut
Day 5-6 : Drive to Edfu, board felucca cruise, visit temples
Day 7 : Arrive Aswan, sightseeing
Day 8 : Visit Abu Simbel Temple, overnight sleeper train to Cairo
Day 9 : Arrive Cairo, sightseeing
Day 10 : Fly from Cairo, Egypt to Amman, Jordan
Day 11 : To Jerash and Dead Sea
Day 12 : To Petra
Day 13 : To Wadi Rum
Day 14 : Transfer to airport in Amman, trip concludes
- 7 nights in 3-4 star hotels on a twin share basis
- 2 nights in overnight sleeper train on a twin share (bunk) basis
- 13 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 6 dinners
- Jordan - Local English speaking driver (or English speaking local guide and driver for groups of 6 or more guests); plus local guides at the major sites visited
- Airport transfers (day 1, 10 and 14 only)
- Private transport
- Egypt - English speaking local guide
- 3 nights on felucca on a multi share basis
- 1 night in Bedouin camp on a twinshare tent basis (option to upgrade one night in Wadi Rum to a Martian Dome Tent - additional supplement applies; subject to availability)
- Wadi Rum 4WD tour
- Entrance fees and sightseeing as listed in itinerary
- Flight from Cairo to Amman on Day 10
- International airfares and airport taxes
- Sleeping bag on felucca cruise
- Meals not mentioned in the itinerary
- Bottled water, aerated and alcoholic drinks
- Items of a personal nature such as laundry, drinks, phone calls, spending money, etc
- Airport transfers if not arriving/ departing on days 1 & 14
- Travel Insurance
- Optional activities and sightseeing during free time
- High season surcharge for Easter (two weeks) & between 20 Dec to 7 Jan inclusive
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 145 today.
- Earn US$ 96+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Pyramids to Petra tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Pyramids to Petra tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Pyramids to Petra tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Smaller group sizes have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and to ensure that the tour complies with local authorities’ guidelines.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this trip. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has obtained a COVID-19 CLEAN accreditation from Quality Tourism Australia.