- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 14
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Jordan's Dead Sea swim
- Dana Biosphere Reserve
- Petra tour
- Wadi Rum safari & camp
This week long tour to Egypt and Jordan takes you to some of the most popular attractions in both of these beautiful countries, with activities and experience geared to giving you an authentic Middle Eastern experience.
The Egypt leg stays in Cairo, as we explore its Great Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum, along with a day in beautiful Old Cairo.
The Jordan leg of the tour takes you to the lowest place on earth at the Dead Sea for a swim and float in its incredibly salty waters.
We'll explore the hills around the restored Dana village amidst the Dana Biosphere Reserve en-route to Jordan's biggest highlight, the hidden city of Petra. After spending some time in the rose-red city, we'll head into the Wadi Rum Desert, where we'll camp underneath the stars with the local Bedouins, learning about their nomadic desert lifestyle.
Day 1: Welcome to Cairo! Hotel transfers Included
Day 2: Pyramids, Sphinx and Saqqara tour
Day 3: Cairo city tour
Day 4: Fly to Jordan and transfer to the Dead Sea
Day 5: Exploring Dana Biosphere Reserve & Shobak Castle en-route to Petra
Day 6: A full day in Petra and overnight Wadi Rum Bedouin Camp
Day 7: A jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum, travel to Amman
Day 8: Free time in Amman, hotel to airport transfer included
- 6 nights in 3 to 4-star hotels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in AC vehicles (plus Bedouin jeeps in Wadi Rum)
- English speaking guide(s) in Jordan
- English speaking Egyptologist guide in Egypt
- Overnight Bedouin camp in Wadi Rum in comfortable tents
- 4x4 jeep safari and Bedouin experience in Wadi Rum
- International flights (available on request)
- Amman to Cairo flight (available on request or bookable with your international flight ticket)
- Egypt Visa fees (available on arrival for US$25 for most nationalities)
- Jordan Visa fees (included in the Jordan Pass, see tour notes)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees in Jordan (included in the Jordan Pass, see tour notes, budget approx. US$99)
- Entrance fees in Egypt (allow approx. US$45)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tipping kitty in Egypt (budget $25) plus tour guide tips
- Tour guide tips in Jordan
- Personal expenses (eg. drinks, snacks, meals not included, laundry)
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 45+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Pyramids & Petra tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 13 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 13 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Pyramids & Petra tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Pyramids & Petra tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.