- Walking tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the Citadel of Salah EdDin with impressive views over the bustling city of Cairo
- Marvel at two of the most significant mosques in the Egyptian history, Mohamed Ali and Sultan Hassan
- Navigate the chaotic streets of the Khan elKhalili bazaar for a few bargains
Time to get up close and personal with one of the most important aspects of Cairo - its Islamic heart.
Your private Islamic Cairo city tour begins with a visit to the Citadel of Salah Ed-Din. Located high atop Cairo, the Citadel boasts magnificent views of the city. Built by the Arab hero Salah ad-Din, the Citadel primarily functioned as a military garrison, as well as serving as a royal residence for over 700 years.
Continuing in the historical traditions of Islamic Cairo, our Cairo tour next pays a visit to the famous Sultan Hassan Mosque, which dates back to the 13th century. Considered to be one of the masterpieces of Islamic art and architecture, its history also includes time spent as a school. Equally as impressive is the Mohamed Ali Mosque, one of Cairo’s most visible landmarks, with its twin minarets rising high atop the Citadel.
Shifting gears, our Cairo city tour heads back to the streets and towards a famous local bazaar, Khan el-Khalili. A labyrinth of narrow streets and passageways, Khan el-Khalili is one of the world’s largest bazaars and offers a truly authentic local Cairo experience. Among the world’s oldest bazaars, dating back to 1382, Khan el-Khalili offers an experience unique to the old streets of Islamic Cairo, and affords the opportunity to engage with locals, as locals do, hunting for bargains and relaxing with a coffee as the hustle of the bazaar passes you by.
Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on travelling in Egypt before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers
- Local English speaking guide
- Entrance fees to the Citadel of Saladin
- Food and drink
- items of a personal nature
- tips / gratuities for your guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private Cairo: Islamic City in Depth tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 18 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 18 June 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private Cairo: Islamic City in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private Cairo: Islamic City in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St, Dokki, Giza GovernorateMeeting end point :
Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St, Dokki, Giza GovernorateCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.