- Walking tour
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 4 hours
- tour type Group
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 6+ yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wander through local icons of ancient and modern history, including Liberation Square
- Visit Tahrir square and Witness Revolution history with your local guide providing context and explanations of what happened in 2011
- Indulge in a local dinner of Koshary, and ice cream
- Explore downtown Cairo’s classic architecture, like Cairo Opera House
Get to know the real Cairo on this private downtown Cairo walking tour. For the next four hours, you’ll experience Cairo the way locals do and see the city from their perspective.
We’ll start our Cairo tour at New Opera Square in Zamalek, winding our way through Cairo’s ancient and recent history, emerging, fittingly, at Old Opera Square near Attaba.
From the city’s most beautiful bridge spanning the Nile, we’ll head towards Liberation Square, which hosted many events during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution and is a significant landmark in the city’s modern history.
In addition to the beautiful 19th and 20th Century architecture featured in downtown Cairo, our walking tour will allow you to check out modern artwork in the form of graffiti. Typically, this graffiti expresses locals’ views towards the Revolution and various political parties. In this area, every corner has its own story to tell, with most intersections featuring a statue of an important historical figure. Not to worry - your local guide will help fill in any gaps to give you a better context for what you’re seeing.
To cap off your private local Cairo walking tour, we’ll indulge in a local dish: Koshary, in an authentic local restaurant. Koshary is a mix of rice, pasta, lentils, fried onions, and chili sauce, and is one of our faves. You’ll also have the chance to try Egyptian falafel and ice cream before the night is through, giving you a full taste of local life here, in just four short hours!
Following recent safety incidents, we recommend that you check your government's advice for their latest information on traveling in Egypt before your departure and ensure that your travel insurance covers you for all areas of your itinerary. We have links to prominent government travel advisories and regular updates on issues affecting this trip on our Travel Alerts page - www.intrepidtravel.com/au/travel-alerts.
This tour is priced for a minimum group size of two travellers. A solo traveller may still book this private experience but will be charged the base rate for two travellers.
- Local dinner
- Transportation to/from downtown Cairo
- Local English-speaking guide
- Items of a personal nature
- additional food and drink
- tips / gratuities for guide.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this Private Cairo: Downtown City Tour tour is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancellation is made less than 48 hours before the chosen start date, no refund applies.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 June 2021, a deposit of 100% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 0 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Private Cairo: Downtown City Tour tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Private Cairo: Downtown City Tour tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Meeting start point :
Pharaohs Hotel, 12 Lotfy Hassouna, St, Dokki, Giza GovernorateMeeting end point :
Tour ends in downtowCOVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour follows established guidelines that are in line with the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework against COVID-19.
- This tour follows the local government(s) recommendations for gatherings and group sizes.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing is highly encouraged on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.