- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 21 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A day at the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning. Discover the Valley of the Kings, Petra, Wadi Rum, Jerusalem’s historical religious sites and experience the unique sensation of floating in the Dead Sea.
- Experience the best of each country with feature stay accommodation – three unforgettable evenings on a Nile riverboat, isolated elegance at a luxury camp in Wadi Rum and old school opulence in Bethlehem in a grand palace.
- Gain an unmatched understanding of the region while travelling with experienced local leaders and spending time with the locals. Discuss history with a geopolitical expert, meet a local Rabbi and join three families for dinner in their homes.
- Lift the lid on Middle Eastern cuisine when you dine in fantastic local restaurants in Amman, Cairo and Jerusalem, learn the tricks of the trade during an immersive cooking class and enjoy a dinner at a Bedouin camp cooked in a traditional zarb.
Embark on a 21-day Premium adventure through the Middle East, from the heartland of ancient Egypt down the iconic Nile River, to the desert landscapes of Wadi Rum, both sides of the Dead Sea and the centre of the Christian world in Jerusalem. Take flight to the temples of Abu Simbel, sail on a Nile riverboat and break bread with local families and communities. Discover lost kingdoms in Jordan, camp under the desert stars in traditional Bedouin accommodation and marvel at some of the world’s most impressive sites in Jerusalem. Uncover the swathes of history alive in this region, joined by expert local guides and a small group of likeminded adventurers.
Nile Cruise - Aswan
Nile Cruise - Edfu
Nile Cruise - Luxor
- Comfortable hotel (15 nights), Feature Stay (5 nights)
- 20 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Plane , Riverboat , Felucca , Jeep
- An expert tour leader
- Cairo - Welcome Dinner
- Cairo - Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Cairo - Grand Egyptian Museum
- Aswan - Philae Temple
- Aswan - Sunset drinks on a felucca
- Aswan - Nubian Village Visit and Dinner
- Izbat Al Bayyarah - Kom Ombo Temple
- Luxor - Karnak Temple
- Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (entrance to 3 tombs)
- Luxor - Tomb of Tut Ankh Amun
- Luxor - Colossi of Memnon
- Cairo - Home-Cooked Dinner
- Cairo - Khan al-Khalili Bazaar
- Cairo - Al-Azhar Mosque
- Cairo - Coffee/tea in a local cafe
- Amman - Welcome Dinner
- Jerash - Roman ruins
- Amman - Beit Sitti cooking class and dinner
- Madaba - St Georges Church
- Mt Nebo - Site visit
- Shobak - Shobak Castle
- Petra - Guided tour of Petra
- Petra - Petra second day visit (unguided)
- Wadi Rum - Desert Jeep tour
- Wadi Rum - Zarb dinner
- Wadi Rum - Desert and dunes walk
- Jerusalem - Welcome Dinner
- Jerusalem - Leader-led orientation walk
- Jerusalem - Western Wall (Wailing Wall)
- Jerusalem - Old City walking tour
- Jerusalem - Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Jerusalem - Church of Saint Anne
- Jerusalem - Home-cooked Dinner
- Jerusalem - Conversation with a regional expert
- Jerusalem - Rooftop views from the Austrian Hospice
- Qumran - Archaeological site visit
- Jerusalem - Conversation with a local rabbi
- Masada - Fortress visit by cable car
- Dead Sea - Visit and float
- Jerusalem - Yad Vashem Museum
- Jerusalem - Mount of Olives
- Jerusalem - Church of All Nations
- Jerusalem - Garden of Gethsemane
- Bethlehem - Church of the Nativity & Shepherds' Field
- Tiberias - Church of the Multiplication
- Tiberias - Sea of Galilee boat ride
- Capernaum - St Peter's Church
- Nazareth - Church of Annunciation & Mary's Well
- Haifa - Bahai Gardens view & photo stop
- Acre - Knights of St John Complex
- Caesarea - Roman ruins
- Tel Aviv - Hummus Tasting
- Tel Aviv - Leader-led tour of Old Jaffa
- Any international flights to Cairo and from Tel Aviv are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Premium Middle East in Depth tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 328+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Premium Middle East in Depth tour. You can cancel the tour up to 28 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 27 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 November 2021, a deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 27 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Premium Middle East in Depth tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Premium Middle East in Depth tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- In 2022, Ramadan will take place from 2 April to 1 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience, however some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- This trip takes in many religious sites, so it’s best to come prepared. You will need to bring clothes that cover arms and legs – a light scarf is a good idea for hot days.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.
Last modified (date)
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description