- duration 7 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Pyramids & Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Karnak Temple
- Valley of the Kings
A fascinating introduction to the culture and ancient history of Egypt, this 7 day tour includes the services of a local Egyptologist guide to enhance your experience. Taking in all of the main historical sites in Cairo, including the world renowned Egyptian Museum, Great Pyramid and the Giza Plateau, you will then travel south to Luxor to experience the incredible temples and world famous tombs of the Valley of the Kings. Finishing back in Cairo, you will be able to further explore this incredible city at your leisure, or take an optional extra guided tour, before we explore the backstreets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar and Islamic Cairo.
Day 1 - Arrive into Cairo, transfer to hotel
Day 2 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
Day 3 - Luxor, West Bank tour, free time
Day 4 - Luxor, Karnak temple
Day 5 - Luxor, free day and optional tours
Day 6 - Cairo optional tours, Old Cairo & Khan-el-Khalili bazzar walk
Day 7 - Cairo, Free time, departure airport transfer
- 4 nights accommodation 5-star hotels
- 2 nights on board sleeper train in private twin-berth cabins (flight & hotel upgrades available)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide for all sightseeing tours
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- International Flights and visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance Fees (allow approx. US$85)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$30
- Entry to the Mummies room at the Egyptian Museum
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 35 today.
- Earn US$ 23+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Pharaonic Encounters tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 55 days before departure. For any departures within 20 January 2021 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Pharaonic Encounters tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Pharaonic Encounters tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.