- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- Art and architecture
- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The great Pyramids & Sphinx
- Antiquities of the Egyptian museum
- Abu Simbel option
- Hidden tombs Valley of the Kings
Over 12 days you will explore the secrets of Egypt on this comprehensive tour. Taking in the key historical sites of Cairo, including the Sphinx and Great Pyramid at Giza, you will then travel to Aswan to explore a local Nubian village and take a boat trip to the beautiful Philae temple. You'll also have some time to also wander around the souks and markets. An optional early morning tour gives you the opportunity to visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Abu Simbel to see the amazing temples built by Ramses II. Your traditional felucca cruise (with accompanying support boat with toilets, showers and massage deck) then takes you down the Nile River, visiting key temples before arriving in Luxor where you will experience the incredible temples and world famous tombs of the Valley of the Kings and the impressive temple complex at Karnak, as well as the less visited Medinat Habu on the West Bank and the Colossi of Memnon. We then set off for some fun and relaxation by the sandy beaches of Hurghada on the Red Sea. Here you can scuba dive or snorkel, quad bike or kiteboard, windsurf or go fishing, and even ride a camel! It is your choice whether to then depart from Hurghada or travel back to Cairo for a final guided walking tour through the back streets of Islamic Cairo and the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar..
Day 1 - Arrive into Cairo and transfer to hotel
Day 2 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
Day 3 - Aswan, Nubian Village and Philae Temple
Day 4 - Abu Simbel option. Nile Felucca Cruise
Day 5 - Edfu temple, Luxor temple at night
Day 6 - Luxor, West bank tour, Karnak temple
Day 7 - Luxor to the Red Sea at Hurghada
Day 8 - Red Sea at Hurghada, free day
Day 9 - Hurghada, free time
Day 10 - Hurghada, free time
Day 11 - Drive to Cairo, Old Cairo & Khan-el-Khalili bazzar tour
Day 12 - Cairo, free time, departure airport transfer
- 9 nights accommodation in 5-star hotels
- 1 night on board felucca sailboat with accompanying support boat (hotel upgrade available)
- 1 night on board overnight sleeper train in private twin-berth cabins (flight/hotel upgrade available)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide for all sightseeing tours
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- International Flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance (compulsory)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited (approx. $105)
- Entry to the Mummies room at the Egyptian Museum
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$55
- Tour guide tips
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 94 today.
- Earn US$ 63+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nubians & Beaches tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nubians & Beaches tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nubians & Beaches tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.