- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- A day spent among the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning. Discover the mighty Valley of the Kings, spend a spectacular morning in Abu Simbel and see both sides of Kom Ombo Temple.
- A fournight river cruise is an ideal way to experience the Nile. Rest and relax on the sun deck and in the pool while local riverside life streams by.
- Discover the traditions and cuisines of Egypt with an included meal at a local family home, plus a memorable evening with a Nubian community, full of food and dancing.
- Cairo's Khan alKhalili Bazaar is an essential Egyptian experience, and you'll have plenty of time to lose yourself in the colours and aromas of this fascinating marketplace.
The cruising route along the Nile is home to ancient wonders, desert landscapes and snapshots of everyday Egyptian life. Take to the Nile Valley on a nine-day Peregrine adventure by river, road and air, visiting the mighty pyramids of Giza, ancient temples of Abu Simbel, Aswan’s vibrant waterfront corniche and Cairo’s bustling Khan al-Khalili Bazaar. Spend an evening with a Nubian community and another with a local Egyptian family for a meal and have plenty of time dedicated to your own independent discoveries in each destination. An ancient past that has led to a colourful present – Egypt is a traveller’s dream.
Cairo – Overnight Train
Valley of the Kings – Luxor – Nile Cruise
- Comfortable hotel (3 nights), Cruise ship (4 nights Feature Stay), Overnight sleeper train (1 night)
- 8 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 7 Dinners
- Plane , Private aircon bus , Riverboat , Sleeper train
- Complimentary Airport Arrival Transfer
- Cairo - The Egyptian Museum headset
- Cairo - Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Cairo - Egyptian Museum
- Luxor - Karnak Temple
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (entrance to 3 tombs)
- Luxor - Tomb of Tut Ankh Amun
- Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple
- Izbat Al Bayyarah - Kom Ombo Temple
- Aswan - Sunset drinks on a felucca
- Aswan - Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel - Abu Simbel temples
- Abu Simbel - Flights to and from Abu Simbel
- Cairo - Gayer-Anderson Museum (entrance fee)
- Cairo - Home-Cooked Dinner
- Cairo - Khan al-Khalili Bazaar
- Cairo - Ibn Tulun Mosque
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Nile Valley Highlights tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 101+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nile Valley Highlights tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nile Valley Highlights tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nile Valley Highlights tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are a lot of early morning starts on this itinerary so that we beat the heat and avoid the crowds by visiting sites early. These are often balanced out with free afternoons and evenings.
- Egypt can get incredibly hot in the summer months of July and August. Regardless of the month, it does heat up quickly during the day.
- Some of the sites you visit involve walking on rocky and/or steep hillsides with little or no shade. Comfortable, sturdy walking shoes and a hat are essential.
- Accommodation aboard the Nile riverboat is full board – breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Drinks are offered from the bar area for an additional cost. An evening program is also available.
- Accommodation aboard the overnight train is in two-berth cabins which convert to bunk beds. All bedding is provided on board and western-style toilets are located in each carriage. Keep in mind general train cleanliness may not be to the same standards you are accustomed to.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers