- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Famous Pyramids & Sphinx
- Sprawling Egyptian Museum
- Fun camel ride
- Traditional overnight felucca sailboat trip or Nile cruise upgrade
This compact tour of Egypt is perfectly suited for families and children wanting a more active adventure. It combines a tour of the iconic Pyramids & Sphinx, the sprawling Egyptian Museum and ancient Pharaonic temples & tombs with some more active adventure such as a fun camel ride and a cruise on a traditional felucca sailboat. Our handpicked guides have great skills and experience guiding families with children, and we keep our group sizes small to ensure you get the most out of what we are sure will be a holiday of a lifetime.
Our adventure begins in Cairo with a tour of the iconic Pyramids and Sphinx, then we take time to explore the vast Egyptian Museum, and in particular the famous Tutankhamun exhibition and scary mummy room. From Cairo, we climb on board the sleeper train for an overnight ride along the Nile to the beautiful town of Aswan. Here we visit the island temple of Philae, visit a local school to interact with the children, and sample a traditional Nubian meal. Our next adventure is on board a traditional felucca sailboat as we float along the Nile, watching the local life unfold as we drift by. Arriving in Luxor we experience some creeping in the crypts with a visit the pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings. We also marvel at the monumental Temple of Karnak before returning to Cairo on board the overnight sleeper train. We finish our great Egyptian adventure with a tour of the Cairo, including sprawling Khan-el-Kalili bazaar, before we head back to the airport for your flight home.
Day 1 : Arrive in Cairo and transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour, camel ride, train to Aswan
Day 3 : Aswan, Philae temple & school visit
Day 4 : Aswan, start felucca cruise (Abu Simbel option)
Day 5 : Felucca sailboat cruise, drive to Luxor
Day 6 : Luxor, half-day west bank tour
Day 7 : Luxor, Karnak temple, free time
Day 8 : Arrive Cairo, city tour
Day 9 : Cairo, tour ends, transfer to the airport
- Accommodation in 4 & 5-star hotels & resorts
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transfers, including 24-hour airport transfer service
- All transport in AC minibus/coach & sleeper train
- Sightseeing tours & Egyptologist guides as per itinerary
- Tipping Kitty (approx. US$45)
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa costs (available on arrival for most nationalities for US$25)
- Travel insurancee (compulory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tips for tour guide & drivers
- Hotel gala dinners (if charged by the hotels on 24 & 31 Dec, see Tour notes)
- Sleeping bag (recommended for the felucca Nov-Feb)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 51+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Nile Family Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Nile Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Nile Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.