- duration 15 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Pyramids & Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Cairo to Aswan Cruise
- Tel el Amarna
This iconic tour combines the pyramids, sphinx and Egyptian Museum in Cairo with the newly available Long Nile Cruise which sails between Cairo and Aswan. The lower parts of the Nile between Cairo and Abydos have been closed for most Nile cruisers for the last 15 years, cruise tour offers you an exciting opportunity to be one of the first to sail this route which is now officially re-open.
The cruise follows the Nile south from Cairo all the way to Aswan and passes through some of the Nile Valley's most rural areas where you can really experience traditional Egyptian life along the parts of the Nile which very few tourists are able to see. You will also be able to visit some of Egypt's most famous monuments and historical sites such as the Pyramids of Giza and the Valley of the Kings. You'll also have the opportunity to visit many more sites including Tel Amarna, Beni Hassan and Hermopolis which are rarely visited by tourists.
Currently very few boats are permitted to operate this route and due to continuing low tourist numbers to Egypt, long periods of time may pass in between sailings. Please confirm availability with us before booking any international flights. Shorter itineraries from Cairo-Luxor (12 days), Aswan-Cairo (13 days) and Luxor-Cairo (10 days) are also available on other dates - please ask for details.
Day 1 : Arrive in Cairo, transfer to cruise boat
Day 2 : Pyramids, Sphinx & Egyptian Museum tours
Day 3 : Full day sailing to Beni Suef
Day 4. Fayoum region sightseeing
Day 5. Sail south to Minya
Day 6 : Visit Tel el Amarna & Beni Hassan
Day 7 : Sail to Asyut
Day 8 : Sail to Sohag, visit Abydos
Day 9 : Sail to Qena
Day 10 : Visit Dendera, sail to Luxor
Day 11 : Luxor West Bank tours
Day 12 : Luxor East Bank tour, sail to Edfu
Day 13 : Edfu & Komombo, sail to Aswan
Day 14 : Aswan sightseeing
Day 15 : Tour ends in Aswan, transfer to airport
- Accommodation on 5-star deluxe cruise boat (Movenpick M/S Hamees or similar)
- Meals as indicated (full board whilst on board the boat)
- All transfers, including 24-hour airport transfer service in Cairo and Aswan
- All transport required for sightseeing along the way
- Tours & guides as indicated on the itinerary with a shared Nile Cruise guide (a supplement is available for a private Egyptologist guide)
- All site entrance fees
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (USD 25 available on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$55)
- Tour guide tips
- Cruise boat gala dinners (if charged by the boat on 24 & 31 Dec, see below)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 262+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Long Nile Cruise tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 August 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 August 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Long Nile Cruise tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Long Nile Cruise tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.