- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- The Pyramids & Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel option
This 10-day Egypt tour features all the main Pharaonic highlights in Cairo and the Nile Valley as well as including a luxury Nile river cruise and some time by the Red Sea at Hurghada. We start in Cairo with tours of the Pyramids and Sphinx at Gisa, and the world famous Egyptian Museum which has a huge collection of ancient artefacts including of course, the King Tutankhamun display.
Next, we take an internal flight south to Aswan, where the Nile is at its most picturesque. We'll explore a local Nubian village and take a boat trip to the beautiful island temple of Philae. You also have the option to visit the amazing temples to Abu Simbel which were dismantled and rebuilt when Lake Nasser was flooded. We leave Aswan on one of Nile's famous luxury cruise boats. You'll enjoy a comfortable en-suite cabin with panoramic windows, a restaurant, lounge and bar, and a large sun deck with another bar, recliners and a plunge pool.
The cruise takes us north via the temples at Edfu and Komombo to Luxor, considered by many as the world's finest and largest outdoor museum. There are a huge number of ancient sites to see here, and we'll tour both the east and west banks of the Nile. Sites visited include underground Pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatchepsut and Medinat Habu temples, and the immense Collosi of Memnon. We also tour the huge temple complex at Karnak and see Luxor temple beautifully lit up at night.
We leave the Nile Valley now and head to the Red Sea coast at Hurghada for some welcome rest and relaxation in a 5-star beach resort. The snorkelling and scuba diving in Hurghada is excellent and there are many other watersports available too, or you can just relax by the beach. If you wish you can extend your time here, or return back to Cairo with the rest of the group. The tour ends with a walking tour through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar and Islamic Cairo.
Day 1 - Arrive in Cairo, transfer to hotel
Day 2 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
Day 3 - Abu Simbel option, board Nile cruise, Aswan tours
Day 4 - Nile cruise to Komombo & Edfu
Day 5 - Edfu temple, Luxor temple at night
Day 6 - Luxor, West bank tour, Karnak temple
Day 7 - Luxor to the Red Sea at Hurghada
Day 8 - Red Sea at Hurghada, free day
Day 9 - Drive to Cairo, Old Cairo & Khan-el-Khalili bazzar tour
Day 10 - Cairo, free time, departure airport transfer
- 6 nights accommodation in 5-star hotels
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- Domestic flight from Cairo to Aswan
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide for all the sightseeing tours
- 3 nights on board 5-star-deluxe level Nile Cruise boat
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- Private guiding for our group during the Nile cruise
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (USD 25 available on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel Insurance (mandatory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited (allow approx. US$120)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$45)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 66+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Gods of Egypt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 12 November 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 12 November 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Gods of Egypt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Gods of Egypt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.