- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 9 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-29 yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Cities like Cairo can be dizzying, but your local leader and guides are there for a reason – they'll have you heading straight for the best local spots.
- Yep, the pyramids and Sphinx are aweinspiring. But the smaller moments are special too – like kayaking on the Nile, dancing with Nubian locals and learning to spell your name in hieroglyphs.
- Squeeze between stalls at an Aswan bazaar and meet a perfume merchant who will school you on everything from mummification to smelling pretty for a date.
- Spend overnight cruising the Nile in a felucca, which is a bit like a floating living room. Stop at villages and temples by day and stargaze by night.
Ancient history, endless golden sands, crowded souqs – Egypt is the ultimate destination for adventurous travellers. This nine-day tour is the perfect mix of blockbuster wonders and intimate moments, planned activities and time to wander. Your local leader will take you to bucket list icons like the Pyramids and Luxor, then guide you off the beaten path to eat koshari in a local downtown Cairo joint, or into a bazaar to meet a perfume merchant. Kayak the Nile, spend a night on a traditional felucca, drink your body weight in mint tea and more. The best part? You’ll do it all with like-minded travellers your own age.
Luxor / Valley of the Kings
- Hotel (5 nights), Overnight train (2 nights), Felucca (1 night)
- 8 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch, 4 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Felucca , Overnight sleeper train
- An expert tour leader
- Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx
- Cairo - Egyptian Museum
- Aswan - Nile River Kayaking
- Aswan - Orientation walk & bazaar visit
- Nile - Felucca overnight sailing trip
- Nile - Dinner and Music Felucca
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (3 tombs)
- Cairo - Khan Al-Khalili Bazaar
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Essential Egypt tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 33+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Essential Egypt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 24 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 23 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 400 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 23 days before departure. For any departures within 16 December 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Essential Egypt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Essential Egypt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This is a trip designed for travellers aged 18 to 29; full of fun, flexibility and plenty of free time to explore at your own pace.
- Before booking on this trip we recommend that you read the ‘Safety’ section under Essential Trip Information for specifics regarding Egypt trips. If you have specific concerns about women's safety, this blog written by one of our travellers will give you an idea of what to expect: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/solo-female-travel-in-egypt/
- We plan our itinerary in order to beat the heat wherever possible, but even so you’ll likely feel warm – particularly in July and August. The good news is its mostly dry heat, so easier to handle than humidity. Egypt nights can be chillier than expected, especially from December to February, so it’s important to pack clothes that can be layered.
- For many of our travellers cruising the Nile on a felucca is a trip highlight, but it's not for everyone. You will be sharing a sleeping area with your fellow travellers for two nights, as well as sharing a bathroom while on board.
- The terrain at some historic sites can be rocky and steep. Solid walking shoes are essential, plus anything to shade you from those rays – a hat, sunscreen and long sleeves. If you don't feel up to it on a hot day, you can decide to not take part, or wander at your own pace.
- This trip includes the adventure of overnight train travel, one of the most unique ways to wake up in a new and strange place. You’ll get a small bed and air conditioning in a shared room, but the train might not be as clean as you’re used to.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Departures will be limited to an average group size of 10 travellers to ensure COVID-19 safety for all travellers.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this tour. Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing, physical distancing is highly encouraged, and frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions