- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- max group size 16
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Famous Pyramids & Sphinx
- Sprawling Egyptian Museum
- Fun camel ride
- Traditional felucca sailboat trip or Nile cruise upgrade
This comprehensive tour of Egypt is designed especially for families wanting a time exploring some of Egypt's most well-known ancient sites, along with more active trips for the children, combined with some quality time relaxing by the Red Sea. We keep our group sizes small, and select our family friendly guides to help bring Egypt alive for both children and parents alike. Including a fun camel ride, traditional felucca cruise on the Nile, awesome sightseeing, and a stop at a beach resort by the Red Sea, this family tour will create memories to last a lifetime.
We start this family tour in Cairo with a visit to the awe-inspiring Pyramids and Sphinx, followed by a trip to the vast Egyptian Museum - famous for its Tutankhamun exhibition and creepy mummy room. Next, we climb aboard the overnight sleeper train and wend our way south to the picturesque town of Aswan on the banks of the River Nile. Here we visit the temple of Philae, join in on an English/Arabic language session at a local school (term times only), and enjoy a traditionally prepared Nubian meal. There is also an early morning option to visit the amazing Sun Temple of Ramses II at Abu Simbel. Leaving Aswan behind we float down the River Nile on board a traditional Egyptian felucca sailboat taking in the rural scenery along the way. In Luxor, we delve underground into the ancient pharaonic tombs of the Valley of the Kings and marvel at the vast temple complex of Karnak. We next drive to the Red Sea at Hurghada to enjoy a relaxing 3-day beach stay before catching the flight back to Cairo. We finish off our Egyptian adventure with a tour of Cairo, including the Citadel and Khan-el-Khalili bazaar and farewell dinner, then transfer you back to the airport for your flight home.
Day 1 : Arrive in Cairo and transfer to hotel
Day 2 : Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour, camel ride, train to Aswan
Day 3 : Aswan, Philae temple & school visit
Day 4 : Aswan, start felucca cruise (Abu Simbel option)
Day 5 : Felucca sailboat cruise, drive to Luxor
Day 6 : Luxor, half-day west bank tour
Day 7 : Luxor, Karnak temple tour, drive to Hurghada
Day 8 : Hurghada, free time
Day 9 : Hurghada, free time
Day 10 : Hurghada, free time
Day 11 : Fly to Cairo, city tour
Day 12 : Cairo, tour ends, transfer to the airport
- Accommodation in 4 & 5-star hotels & resorts
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transfers, including 24-hour airport transfer service
- All transport in AC minibus/coach & sleeper train
- Internal flight from Hurghada to Cairo
- Sightseeing tours & Egyptologist guides as per itinerary
- Tipping Kitty (allow US$55 p/p)
- Entrance fees to all sites mentioned in the itinerary (allow approx. US$95 p/p)
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa costs (available on arrival for most nationalities for US$25)
- Travel insurancee (compulory, available on request)
- Single room supplements (chargeable if a same-sex room share is not available)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Hotel gala dinners (if charged by the hotels on 24 & 31 Dec, see Tour notes)
- Sleeping bag (recommended for the felucca Nov-Feb)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 112 today.
- Earn US$ 75+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Egyptian Family Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 20 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 20 December 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Egyptian Family Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Egyptian Family Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.