- Best price guaranteed
- No booking fees
- City sightseeing
- Active and outdoor
- Art and architecture
- Booking Type Instant booking
- duration 8 days
- tour type Small group Request as private
- age requirement 15-99 yrs
- max group size 12
- guiding method Fully guided
- Tour Code BM-3680
- Footprint Carbonneutral CO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Operated in English
- Get an on-site ancient history lesson when visiting some of the world's premier historic sites – the Pyramids, Sphinx and the Valley of the Kings – with an expert local guide.
- There are so many chances to interact with the locals and experience their culture. Lose yourself in Cairo's colourful Khan al-Khalili bazaar and dine with village folk along your way.
- Your felucca sailing trip not only lets you experience some excellent Nubian hospitality, but is perhaps the perfect way to see the Nile and its gorgeous surrounds at any time of day.
- Admire Karnak Temple – the Cult temple dedicated to Amun, Mut and Khonsu with your small group, and feel the ancient royalty when discovering the mighty Valley of the Kings.
- With plenty of free time to choose your own Egyptian adventure, you’ll have the power to possibly fit in an Abu Simbel escapade, head on a camel ride, or just chill out at a local teahouse.
Travel to Egypt and follow the path of the river Nile as you revel in a taste of Egypt's history, beauty and colour on this short but action-packed trip along the longest river in the world. Cruise one of the world’s most iconic rivers on a traditional felucca, discover the largest and most impressive pharaonic temples, chat and dine with interesting locals and live it up in this country of deserts, bazaars, monuments and unmatched experiences. This eight-day Cairo round trip will get you feeling desert vibes, ancient wonders and local secrets at every stop.
Day 1: Cairo
Day 2: Cairo
Day 3: Aswan
Day 4: Aswan
Day 5: Nile Felucca
Day 6: Luxor
Day 7: Luxor
Day 8: Cairo
- Hotel (4 nights), Felucca (1 night), Overnight sleeper train (2 nights)
- 7 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 4 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Felucca , Overnight sleeper train
- An expert tour leader
- Cairo - Khan al-Khalili bazaar visit
- Cairo - Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Cairo - The Egyptian Museum
- Cairo - The Egyptian Museum headset
- Aswan - Nubian Village Visit and Dinner
- Nile - Felucca overnight sailing trip
- Luxor - Karnak Temple (entrance fee)
- Luxor - Colossi of Memnon
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (entrance to 3 tombs)
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Egypt Adventure tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 50+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Egypt Adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 58 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 57 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 27 July 2023, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 27 July 2023, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 57 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Egypt Adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Egypt Adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you
- Travelling on a felucca (traditional wooden boat) is awesome, but it's not for everyone. You will be sharing a sleeping area with your fellow group members for the night and a shared bathroom facility. You'll sleep outside under the stars on a simple mattress, with some bedding provided. If you do feel the cold, you should consider bringing a sleeping bag.
- The walkways around many Egyptian ruins can be uneven, dusty and rocky, so be sure to bring comfortable walking shoes. At large sites such as Valley of the Kings, you can also expect to be walking in the elements for most of the day, so sun adequate sun protection is essential.
- Some hotels in Egypt may not have lifts. You may need to climb stairs with your luggage to reach your hotel room for the night.
- Temperatures in the Egypt can be extreme, ranging from very hot to very cold, depending on the season – it can even snow in some places! Layers will come in handy for sun protection as well as warmth.
- Overnight train journeys are a fast way to cross long distances, better for the environment and a great travel experience. You will share two-berth air-conditioned cabins, with all bedding provided and western style toilets on board.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.