- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 12
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- A day spent among the incredible Pyramids of Giza is only the beginning. Discover the mighty Valley of the Kings, spend a spectacular morning in Abu Simbel and see both sides of Kom Ombo Temple.
- A fournight river cruise is an ideal way to experience the Nile. Rest and relax on the sun deck and in the pool while local riverside life streams by, as you sail from Luxor to Aswan.
- Journey through the Wadi Rum desert in a 4WD to a premium Bedouin camp, getting to know the customs and cultures of this traditional community before spending the night under a starry sky.
- You never forget your first glimpse of The Treasury through narrow canyon walls in Petra. Spend a day taking in its majesty and mystery, and if your dates align, consider booking an unforgettable night experience.
Embark on a cultural odyssey through the Middle East, from the heartland of ancient Egypt down the iconic Nile River, to the desert landscapes of Wadi Rum, both sides of the Dead Sea and the centre of the religious world in Jerusalem. Over 22 unforgettable days, take flight to the temples of Abu Simbel, sail on a premium four-night Nile riverboat, break bread with local families and communities, discover lost kingdoms in Jordan, camp under the desert stars in traditional Bedouin accommodation and marvel at some of the world’s most impressive sites in Jerusalem and Jericho. Discover the swathes of history alive in this region, joined by expert local guides and a small group of likeminded adventurers.
The duration, timings etc. was appropriate and our guide was great!”
Cairo – Overnight Train
Valley of the Kings – Luxor – Nile Cruise
Wadi Rum – Petra
Petra – Dead Sea
Dead Sea – Madaba – Amman
- Comfortable Hotel (14 nights) Overnight train (1 night), Riverboat (4 nights - Feature Stay Egypt), Luxury Desert Camp (1 night - Feature Stay Jordan), Guesthouse (1 night Feature Stay Bethlehem)
- 19 Breakfasts, 5 Lunches, 12 Dinners
- Private Bus , Riverboat , Sleeper train , Jeep Boat , Plane
- Cairo - The Egyptian Museum headset
- Cairo - Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx
- Cairo - Egyptian Museum
- Luxor - Karnak Temple
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (entrance to 3 tombs)
- Luxor - Tomb of Tut Ankh Amun
- Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple
- Izbat Al Bayyarah - Kom Ombo Temple
- Aswan - Sunset drinks on a felucca
- Aswan - Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel - Abu Simbel temples
- Abu Simbel - Flights to and from Abu Simbel
- Cairo - Gayer-Anderson Museum (entrance fee)
- Cairo - Home-Cooked Dinner
- Cairo - Khan al-Khalili Bazaar
- Cairo - Ibn Tulun Mosque
- Wadi Rum - Desert Jeep tour
- Petra - Petra second day visit (unguided)
- Shobak - Shobak Castle
- Dana - Ancient village visit
- Dead Sea - Visit Including Dinner
- Madaba - St Georges Church
- Mt Nebo - Site visit
- Jerash - Roman ruins
- Jerusalem - Western Wall (Wailing Wall)
- Jerusalem - Old City walking tour
- Jerusalem - Church of the Holy Sepulchre
- Jerusalem - Local Family Dinner
- Qumran - Archaeological site visit
- Masada - Dead Sea & Fortress visit
- Jerusalem - Conversation with a local rabbi
- Jerusalem - Garden of Gethsemane & Basilica of the Agony
- Jerusalem - Yad Vashem Museum
- Jerusalem - Mount of Olives
- Bethlehem - Church of the Nativity & Shepherds' Field
- Tiberias - Church of the Multiplication
- Tiberias - Sea of Galilee boat ride
- Capernaum - St Peter's Church
- Nazareth - Church of Annunciation & Mary's Well
- Haifa - Bahai Gardens view & photo stop
- Acre - Knights of St John Complex
- Caesarea - Roman ruins
- Tel Aviv - Hummus Tasting
- Any international flights to Cairo and from Tel Aviv are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Discover Egypt, Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 301+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Egypt, Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 07 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 07 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Egypt, Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Egypt, Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are a lot of early morning starts on this itinerary so that we beat the heat and avoid the crowds by visiting sites early. Sites in Israel and the Palestinian Territories can get congested during peak travel periods with buses of large pilgrim groups. While we do our best to plan our visits around these times, it’s not always possible. There may be delays, queues and private services that prevent us from entering the site. Your trip leader will manage this as best as they can on the day.
- The Middle East can get incredibly hot in the summer months of July and August. Regardless of the month, it does heat up quickly during the day and there will be some site visits with little or no shade. In contrast, the weather in Jordan and Israel can be quite cool in the winter, so pack layers of clothing to deal with the varying temperatures.
- Some of the sites you visit involve walking on rocky and/or steep hillsides with little or no shade. Comfortable, sturdy walking shoes and a hat are essential.
- During your trip you will visit numerous religious sites. You will need to bring clothes that cover the arms and legs. A light scarf is a good idea for covering shoulders and arms when it’s hot. Your leader will be able to advise when such clothing is necessary.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
- The border crossing between Jordan and Israel and the Palestinian Territories will be unescorted; however, you will be met by a border representative who will help you to complete your formalities. It can be a busy border with some delays. Once you exit on the Israel and the Palestinian Territories side you will be met by a Peregrine representative who will drive you to your hotel in Jerusalem.
- Israel and the Palestinian Territories is by no means a cheap destination, so it’s important to budget accordingly. The good news is that your expert local leader is on hand to help you uncover the best local deals.
- Accommodation aboard the Nile riverboat is full board – breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Drinks are offered from the bar area for an additional cost. An evening program is also available.
- Accommodation aboard the overnight train is in two-berth cabins which convert to bunk beds. All bedding is provided on board and western-style toilets are located in each carriage. Keep in mind general train cleanliness may not be to the same standards you are accustomed to.
- In Wadi Rum, you will stay in permanent Bedouin style tents with modern ensuite bathroom facilities. Tents are complete with comfortable king-size or twin beds, a Bedouin sofa, mirrors, lamps, and all bedding.
- Israel and the Palestinian Territories caters primarily to large pilgrim groups, and it can be difficult to secure small, boutique style accommodation in central locations with local four-star amenities.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point instructions
The Intrepid Foundation