- duration 10 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The Pyramids & Sphinx
- Egyptian Museum
- Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel option
This is our most popular Egypt small-group tour and features all the main Pharaonic highlights in Cairo and the Nile Valley as well as including a relaxing overnight felucca sailboat cruise on the River Nile and some time by the Red Sea at Hurghada.
We start in Cairo with tours of the Pyramids and Sphinx at Gisa, and the world famous Egyptian Museum which has a huge collection of ancient artefacts including of course, the King Tutankhamun display.
Next, we take the overnight sleeper train south to Aswan, where the Nile is at its most picturesque. We'll explore a local Nubian village, take a boat trip to the beautiful island temple of Philae. You also have the option to visit the amazing temples to Abu Simbel which were dismantled and rebuilt when Lake Nasser was flooded.
We leave Aswan on a traditional Nile felucca. These sailing boats have plied the waters of the Nile for centuries and make for a really relaxing and enjoyable way to spend time seeing more of the Nile and rural Egyptian life as you sail upriver. We sleep on the deck of the boat, with mattresses and blankets provided, and the Nubian crew will entertain us and prepare a hearty meal in the evening. A support facilities boat will join up with us from time to time during the day and moor with us at night to provide a clean toilet & shower and hygienic kitchen. If you prefer you can opt to upgrade to the Aswan hotel instead of stay on the felucca.
We leave the felucca reluctantly and head via the temples at Edfu. There are a huge number of ancient sites to see here, and we'll tour both the east and west banks of the Nile. Sites visited include underground Pharaonic tombs in the Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatchepsut and Medinat Habu temples, and the immense Collosi of Memnon. We also tour the huge temple complex at Karnak and see Luxor temple beautifully lit up at night.
We leave the Nile Valley now and head to the Red Sea coast at Hurghada for some welcome rest and relaxation in a 5-star beach resort. The snorkelling and scuba diving in Hurghada is excellent and there are many other watersports available too, or you can just relax by the beach. If you wish you can extend your time here, or return on the flight back to Cairo with the rest of the group. The tour ends with a free afternoon in Cairo when you can take another optional city tour before we take a walking tour through the back streets of the Khan-el-Khalili bazaar.
Accommodation is in 5-star hotels, plus a night on the overnight sleeper train and one night on a traditional Nile felucca sailboat. Both the sleeper train and felucca nights can be upgraded to hotels if you would like some extra comfort.
Day 1 - Arrive into Cairo and transfer to hotel
Day 2 - Cairo, Pyramids, Sphinx & Museum tour
Day 3 - Aswan, Nubian Village and Philae Temple
Day 4 - Abu Simbel option. Nile Felucca Cruise
Day 5 - Edfu temple, Luxor temple at night
Day 6 - Luxor, West bank tour, Karnak temple
Day 7 - Luxor to the Red Sea at Hurghada
Day 8 - Red Sea at Hurghada, free day
Day 9 - Drive to Cairo, Old Cairo & Khan-el-Khalili bazzar tour
Day 10 - Cairo, free time, departure airport transfer
- 7 nights accommodation in 5-star hotels
- 1 night on board felucca sailboat with support boat (hotel upgrade available)
- 1 night on board sleeper train from Cairo to Aswan (flight & hotel upgrade available)
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- All transport and transfers in private AC vehicles
- 24-hour airport arrival & departure transfer service
- Services of a local Egyptologist guide for all the sightseeing tours
- Sightseeing tours as detailed in the itinerary
- International flights (available on request)
- Visa fees (US$25 available on arrival for most nationalities)
- Travel insurance (compulsory, available on request)
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fees to sites visited (allow approx. US$105)
- Tipping kitty (allow US$45)
- Drinks, snacks and other personal expenses (e.g. laundry)
- Tour guide tips
- Hotel gala dinners on 24 and/or 31 Dec (budget up to $180 p/p, see Tour notes)
- Any other items not mentioned above
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 72 today.
- Earn US$ 48+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Discover Egypt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 March 2021, a deposit of 250 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Discover Egypt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Discover Egypt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Tours will be reduced to smaller group sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This package trip adheres to protocols which are in line with the recommendations from the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines.