- If there is only one trip you do while here in Egypt, let it be to Cairo… it’s a must see!
- Explore the wealth of ancient treasures in the Egyptian Museum
- Visit the great pyramids, stare in awe at the majestic Sphinx and soak up the atmosphere
- Floating down the Nile on a felucca (Optional).
We will pick you up from your hotel in Cairo, Giza or Cairo International Airport then drive the downtown of Cairo where is The Egyptian Museum.
Visit the Egyptian Museum
You will start the tour by visiting the world- famous Egyptian Museum. The museum, spanning two floors, houses a vast 120,000 masterpieces from different eras and periods in Egyptian history. The most popular exhibits are that of treasures relating to the Pharaonic kings and queens, such as the child king Tutankhamen and the room of mummies. In the latter, visitors can learn more about mummification art in ancient Egypt.
Discover the Nile by Felucca " Optional "
After your visit to the Egyptian museum, you will have the chance to relax and float on a Felucca (small motor boat) on a trip along the longest river in the world. Here you can take time to absorb the panoramic views of the city in the summer breeze.
Stop for Lunch
Next we will take a break to enjoy a delicious buffet lunch in a restaurant with wonderful views of the Nile. Drinks are not included.
Visit Pyramids & Sphinx
After lunch, we will cross the Nile and travel to Giza to the ancient pyramids, constructed in around 2560 BC. Renowned as one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world, it will be hard not to stare in amazement on your arrival at the pyramids and ask: ‘How were they built? And why?’ Don’t worry – all of our guides are qualified Egyptologists and will be happy to guide you and answer all of your questions. There will be the option at this point in the tour to go inside one of the three ancient pyramids.
After that we will walk down to the edge of the plateau to King Kafra Valley where you can take your first glimpse of the Great Sphinx and its temple. The Great Sphinx of Giza is a mythological creature, formed of a human head and the body of a lion which standing at over 20 meters high 73 metres long is a magnificent sight to behold.
Our final stop of about one hour will be for shopping. Here you will have the chance to buy authentic and traditional Egyptian souvenirs and gifts produced by local craftspeople. We will spend time at the Papyrus Institute, where you will be given a demonstration on how this famous paper is made and where you will also have the chance to purchase papyrus art. We will also visit a perfume shop, where you can shop for Arabian scents and beautifully decorated perfume bottles.
At the end of the day our guide will transfer you back to your hotel or to the airport to catch your flight.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Qualifed Egyptologist guide during the trip
- Mineral water on board during the tour
- Shopping tour in Cairo.
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All transfers by A/C Van
- Personal expenses
- Drinks at the restaurant
- Sailing boat trip in the Nile River (optional)
- Entrance fees to the mentioned historical places
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.