- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 16 days
- tour type Group
- tour_type Group tour
- age requirement 15+ years old
- age_requirement 15+ years old
- Discover the icons of ancient Egypt like the monumental temples of Abu Simbel, the Sphinx, Karnak and the Valley of the Kings with an Egyptologist as your guide.
- Take a whole day to soak up the wonders of Petra on a guided exploration of the Treasury, the cobbled Roman Road, the Amphitheatre and several tombs.
- Spend four nights on a riverboat cruising the Nile, alighting to explore ancient sites and relaxing by the onboard pool as life flows by.
- Travel through the immense red desert landscapes of Wadi Rum and spend the night at a Bedouin camp in a luxuriously furnished tent complete with your own private terrace.
From the Valley of the Kings to the awe-inspiring ruins of Petra, this 16-day adventure through Egypt and Jordan reveals the sphinxes and tombs of your childhood imagination and then some. Sail down the Nile, visit traditional Nubian communities, dig for obscure treasure in ancient marketplaces and float in the Dead Sea. Be guided by a passionate Egyptologist and a Jordanian local, respectively, for the most immersive possible experiences in two fascinating nations. This tour reveals the iconic sites that you’ve seen on film plus plenty of intimate moments with locals who are proud to invite you into their world.
Cairo – Overnight Train
Valley of the Kings – Luxor – Nile Cruise
Wadi Rum – Petra
Petra – Dead Sea
Dead Sea – Madaba – Amman
- Overnight train (1 night), Riverboat (4 nights -Egypt Feature Stay), Comfortable Hotel (9 nights), Bedoiun Camp (1 night -Jordan Feature Stay)
- 15 Breakfasts, 4 Lunches, 10 Dinners
- Jeep , Plane , Private aircon bus , Riverboat , Sleeper train
- Cairo - The Egyptian Museum headset
- Cairo - Pyramids and Sphinx
- Cairo - Egyptian Museum
- Luxor - Karnak Temple
- Luxor - Valley of the Kings (3 tombs)
- Luxor - Tut Ank Amon Tomb
- Luxor - Hatshepsut Temple
- Aswan - Kom Ombo Temple
- Aswan - Felucca Ride
- Aswan - Philae Temple
- Abu Simbel - Abu Simbel temples
- Abu Simbel - Flights to and from Abu Simbel
- Cairo - Gayer Anderson
- Cairo - Home Cooked Meal
- Cairo - Khan al-Khalili Bazaar
- Cairo - Ibn Tulun Mosque
- Wadi Rum - Desert Jeep tour
- Petra - Petra second day visit (unguided)
- Shobak - Shobak Castle
- Dana - Ancient Village Visit
- Dead Sea - Visit Including Dinner
- Madaba - St Georges Church
- Mt Nebo - Mt Nebo visit
- Jerash - Roman ruins
- Any international flights to Cairo and from Amman are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classical Egypt & Jordan tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 181+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classical Egypt & Jordan tour. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 55 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 15 March 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 15 March 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 55 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classical Egypt & Jordan tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classical Egypt & Jordan tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- There are a lot of early morning starts on this itinerary so that we beat the heat and avoid the crowds by visiting sites early. These are often balanced out with free afternoons and evenings.
- Both countries can get very hot in the summer months of July and August, while Jordan can be cold in winter. Where possible, you will visit sites in the early morning, but we ask that you consider your suitability to the season you wish to travel.
- In order to participate in all of the included activities and excursions, you will need to have a basic level of mobility and fitness. Exploring some sites requires navigating steep or rocky terrain. Comfortable, sturdy walking shoes are essential.
- Accommodation aboard the Nile riverboat is full board – breakfast, lunch and dinner are included. Drinks are offered from the bar area for an additional cost. An evening program is also available.
- Accommodation aboard the overnight train is in two-berth cabins which convert to bunk beds. All bedding is provided on board and western-style toilets are located in each carriage. Keep in mind general train cleanliness may not be to the same standards you are accustomed to.
- In Wadi Rum, you will stay in permanent Bedouin style tents with modern ensuite bathroom facilities. Tents are complete with comfortable king-size or twin beds, a Bedouin sofa, mirrors, lamps, and all bedding.
- In 2021, Ramadan will take place from 12 April to 11 May. Travelling during this holy month can be a rewarding cultural experience. However, some regular services may not be available during the daytime, such as restaurants or coffee bars, and occasionally travel can be disrupted by events. Your leader will adjust the itinerary accordingly, but please consider your travel arrangements carefully before booking travel for this period.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
Your fellow travellers
Finish point description
Finish point instructions