- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 16+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- The Great Pyramids & Sphinx
- Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
- Massive Karnak Temple
- Donkey cart trek into Valley of the Kings
On our Classic Egypt tour, you'll discover a country of mythological proportion and one whose ancient civilization dates back as far as any that the world has seen, Egypt is a land of mystical beauty and incomparable legacy.
For an adventure-packed two weeks, we tour the world-famous historic highlights, like the Great Pyramids and the Sphinx, now symbols of the country's mystery and glory.
We also tour the Valleys of the Kings and Queens, which allows incredible opportunities for close-up exploration inside pyramid tombs, the colossal, 1,500-year-old Karnak Temple, with its tremendous pylon gateway near the Avenue of 1,000 Sphinxes that originally ran all the way to Luxor Temple, and the bounties of the world's longest river; the Nile.
Bewitching desertscapes and lush oases serve as the backdrops to some of the most memorable sceneries on the planet as we spend time marvelling at the architectural and engineering genius of an ancient civilization light-years ahead of its time.
We enjoy a couple of days in the perpetually buzzing capital city of Cairo, from which we head to the museums of the Graeco-Roman colonial city of Alexandria to peruse relics like death masks, mummified crocodiles and statues, as well as to gaze at amazing integrated art in Roman Catacombs.
Donkey-rides on stony pathways, camel treks through the desert and street tours by horse-drawn carriage add an element of authenticity to the experience as we explore the ancient past and contemporary faces of this first-rate destination.
Day : 1 Arrive in Cairo
Day : 2 Cairo: Memphis & Saqqara, Great Pyramids & the Sphinx
Day : 3 Cairo & Alexandria
Day : 4 Cairo - Fly to Aswan - The High Dam & Unfinished Obelisk
Day : 5 Aswan: St. Simeon Monastery & Felucca Sail Adventure
Day : 6 Aswan: Abu Simbel & Philae Temple Sound & Light Show
Day : 7 Aswan - Luxor via Kom Ombo, Edfu & Esna
Day : 8 Karnak Temple & Luxor Temple
Day : 9 Luxor: Valley of the Kings
Day : 10 Luxor: Valley of the Queens
Day : 11 Luxor: Full Day Trip to Abydos Temple & Dendera Temple
Day : 12 Luxor - Cairo: Archaeological Museum & Islamic Cairo
Day : 13 Cairo: Coptic Cairo & Khan el Khalili
Day : 14 Departure
- Accommodation in three and four-star properties. Should such accommodation be unavailable, suitable alternatives will be provided
- 13 Breakfast
- 13 Dinner
- All included
- Guided by Expert Tour Leaders.
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Classic Egypt tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 119+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Classic Egypt tour. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 64 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 24 December 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 24 December 2021, a deposit of 500 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 64 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Classic Egypt tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Classic Egypt tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This trip has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with the assurance that we have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols – so you can experience ‘Safe Travels’.
- This trip will adhere to local authorities’ requirements on group sizes. Group sizes will be reduced or spilt throughout the tour duration or on some days to protect against COVID-19.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.
- This tour has implemented COVID-19 protocols that are in line with the recommendations from the World Health Organization and which furthermore follows the World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travel’ guidelines