- Visit the top attractions in Cairo Downtown such as the Liberation Square
- See the Revolution graffiti with a local guide
- Enjoy authentic dishes such as Egyptian falafel, Koshary and ice-cream for dinner
- Visit attractions such as the Cairo Opera House for a peek into the city's architecture
Get to know the real Cairo on this downtown Cairo walking tour. For the next four hours, you’ll experience Cairo the way locals do, and see the city from their perspective.
We’ll start our Cairo tour at New Opera Square in Zamalek, winding our way through Cairo’s ancient and recent history, emerging, fittingly, at Old Opera Square near Attaba.
From the city’s most beautiful bridge spanning the Nile, we’ll head towards Liberation Square, which hosted many events during the 2011 Egyptian Revolution, and is a significant landmark in the city’s modern history.
In addition to the beautiful 19th and 20th Century architecture featured in downtown Cairo, our walking tour will allow you to check out modern artwork in the form of graffiti. Typically, this graffiti expresses locals’ views towards the Revolution and various political parties. In this area, every corner has its own story to tell, with most intersections featuring a statue of an important historical figure. Not to worry - your local guide will help fill in any gaps to give you better context for what you’re seeing.
To cap off our local Cairo walking tour, we’ll indulge in a local dish: Koshary, in an authentic local restaurant. Koshary is a mix of rice, pasta, lentils, fried onions, and chili sauce, and is one of our faves. You’ll also have the chance to try Egyptian falafel and ice cream before the night is through, giving you a full taste of local life here, in just four short hours!
- Local english-speaking guide
- Local dinner
- Transportation to/from downtown cairo.
- Items of a personal nature
- Additional food and drink
- Tips / gratuities for guide.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.