- duration 4 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Witness 5,000 years of Egyptian history in the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities
- Visit the pyramids of Cheops, Chephren & Mykerions
- Explore the magnificent temple complex of Karnak
- See some of the major ancient temples of Luxor
See the great pyramids of Cheops, Chephren & Mykerions. Get a close-up look of the Sphinx – a huge funeral complex guarded by a mythical figure with the body of a lion and the face of king Chephren. Travel to Luxor next. See some of its major temples during a full-day tour, including the Valley of the Kings, Deir el-Bahari, Colossi of Memnon and the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut.
Head for the Necropolis of Thebes, located on the West Bank. Explore the monumental temple complex of Karnak, a vast ruins of ancient temples and chapels. Catch a flight back to Cairo in the evening. We will drive you to the airport after the trip us over.
First of all, I would highly recommend Abydos to anyone (even if it is way out of any route, +3h by car from Luxor). Abydos is truly a special place, thanks to its colorful paintings and design. And Ahmed provided me with all the history and explanations related to this temple. He knows eveything!! He has been able to answer all of my questions so far (and believe me, I have had a lot!) We later had a delicious 'fuul' in a local restaurant (see pic).
Luxor is, of course, a must see if you plan to visit Egypt. I spent one day in the east bank and another in the west bank. The Karnak and Luxor temples on the East bank are fascinating, and the Valley of the Kings in the West bank has beautiful tombs. Of the 3 tombs I visited, Ramses III was my favourite, extremely colorful. If you have the budget, I also recommend the hot air balloon trip, which is just breathtaking.
I will spend 3 more days with my guide Ahmed Haggag Ali to visit Edfu & Kom Ombo, Aswan and Abu Simbel, and I am very much looking forward to it!”
Day 1: Arrival in Cairo
Day 2: Pyramids and museum
Day 3: Cairo - Luxor - Cairo (flight)
Day 4: Cairo departure
- 3 nights' hotel accommodation in Cairo on a bed and breakfast basis.
- Pickup and drop-off services as well as all transfers in air-conditioned vehicles. Domestic flights: Cairo - Luxor - Cairo
- An English-speaking Egyptologist guide
- 1-day tour in Cairo: pyramids, the Sphinx, and Museum of Egyptian Antiquities. 1-day tour in Luxor: East & West banks
- Entrance fees to destinations mentioned on the itinerary. All taxes
- Our prices include all taxes and services.
- International air tickets
- Visas (we can provide you with your visa upon arrival at your request)
- Any optional tours
- Meals and personal expenses
- Anything not mentioned on the itinerary and the 'What's Included' section
- Earn US$ 25+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.
What are the names of the hotels in the 5 star category?
In Cairo, the hotels are Le Méridien Pyramids Hotel & Spa, Steigenberger Cairo Pyramids / Tahrir Square, Ramses Hilton Hotel or Mercure Cairo Le Sphinx Hotel. In Luxor, the hotels are Steigenberger Nile Palace and Mercure Luxor Karnak. In Aswan, the hotel is Tolip Hotel, Pyramisa Island. Please note that many of these hotels charge a little bit extra for pyramid or Nile views. In Alexandria, the hotel is Tolip Hotel - Sheraton Alexandria. In Sharm El Sheikh, the hotel is Movenpick Sharm, Tropital Namaa Bay. In Hurghada, the hotel is the Intercontinental Mövenpick Resort.