- duration 3 days
- tour type Private
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 4
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Enjoy arranged transfers from Cairo and plenty of free time to take in the romance of Alexandria's waterfront at your own pace on this Egyptian Independent Experience.
- Discover the heritage of Alexander the Great's seaside metropolis by exploring the Alexandria National Museum and visit the site of the Alexandria lighthouse.
- Learn more about an important WWII battle at one of Egypt's best museums – the El Alamein War Museum – and pay your respects to the fallen at the nearby memorials.
Soak up the seaside ambience and ancient heritage of Alexandria – Egypt’s second-largest city – on this insightful three-day Independent Experience with Peregrine. Travelling from Cairo, you’ll have the chance to see some of this region’s most compelling sights, from the Italianate architecture and Greco-Roman statues of the Alexandria National Museum to the 15th-century Qaitbay Fort by the harbour. Pay your respects to the fallen at the Commonwealth Cemetery in El Alamain and have plenty of time to see Alexandria your own way, with recommendations from a local guide.
Cairo – Alexandria
- Comfortable hotel (2 nights)
- 2 Breakfasts, 1 Lunch
- Private vehicle
- Alexandria - Alexandria National Museum-Entry Fee
- Alexandria - Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa
- El Alamein - War Museum
- El Alamein - Commonwealth War Cemetery visit
- Any international flights to/from Cairo are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Alexandria Experience – Independent tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 21+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Alexandria Experience – Independent tour. You can cancel the tour up to 23 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 22 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 11 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 11 July 2021, a deposit of 600 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 22 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Alexandria Experience – Independent tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Alexandria Experience – Independent tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- Our Independent Experiences have been designed for just one to four people, departing every day of the week for most Experiences. You can mix and match to create your perfect trip combination, then we’ll arrange the transport between each experience for you. You will have local guides at most destinations and activities. It’s independent travel without the stress.
- We recommend that you refer to your governments travel advisory before booking any tours to Egypt, as this may affect insurance policies.
- The length of the drive from Cairo to Alexandria can depend on the traffic. Your departure will be early, but this is to beat as much of the traffic as possible and make for a more enjoyable trip.
- Sturdy, comfortable walking shoes are essential, as there will be a fair amount of exploring done on foot.
- Egypt can get hot in the summer months of July and August. Where possible, sightseeing takes place in the morning before the heat becomes too intense.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point description
Finish point instructions
Food and dietary requirements
Climate and seasonal
A couple of rules