- Full day tour
- A must do tour from Cairo
- Once in a lifetime experience
- Suitable for all ages
You will start your tour at 7am as your professional tour guide will meet you at the lobby of your hotel or your residence to get on your private, modern a/c van (WiFi on board) and head for Alexandria (3 hours' drive each way). In Alexandria you will visit the following sights:
1. Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa (1st century A.D.). It is considered one of the seven wonders of the middle ages and uniquely combines 3 different styles of art - Ancient Egyptian, Greek and Roman.
2. Pompey's pillar (3rd century A.D.) (28m high) and the remains of the ancient temple of Serapis (Serapeum).
3. Roman amphitheater (3rd century A.D.) and monuments discovered under the Mediterranean.
4. Fort of Qaitbay (15th century A.D.) at the same site of the ancient lighthouse (Pharos)
5. New Library of Alexandria (Bibliotheca Alexandrina)
6. Lunch in a seafood restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean.
At the end of the tour you will be transferred back to your hotel/residence in Cairo.
We look forward to providing you with an excellent day.
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- WiFi during the tour
- Transfers to/from Alexandria from Cairo in a private, modern a/c van
- Private profesional tour guide
- Entrance fees to catacombs
- Entrance fees to Pompey's pillar
- Entrance fees to Roman amphitheater
- Entrance fees to the fort of Qaitbay
- Entrance fees to the Library of Alexandria
- Lunch in a seafood restaurant overlooking the Mediterranean sea
- Bottles of mineral water
- Any extra expenses
- Gratuities (recommended but optional)
> Putting on warm clothes during winter time (December till February)
> Wearing comfortable walking shoes
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.