- With an experienced and knowledgeable local leader at the helm, you’ll be introduced to a side of the Atherton Tablelands few get to see, from local legends to unique insight into the region’s flora and fauna.
- Explore the bush on foot with a delightful team of pack donkeys, led by an expert guide who will ensure they’re just as well looked after as you are.
- Your donkey travel buddies not only provide great company, but also allow the group access to trails that can’t be reached by vehicles, so you can get off the beaten track – literally.
- Venture along the fascinating Peterson Creek Walking Track in search of diverse plant life, platypuses and rare tree kangaroos.
- Discover Lake Eacham and the surrounding Crater Lakes National Park, take a dip in crystal clear waters and explore walking trails that weave through rainforest.
Jaw-dropping scenery, incredible wildlife and donkeys as travel companions – this 5-day Queensland adventure is anything but ordinary. An oasis away from the sweltering temperatures of the surrounding areas, explore the wonders of the Atherton Tablelands on foot, with a local guide leading the way and an endearing team of much-loved pack donkeys allowing access to secluded trails that can’t be reached by vehicles. Walk through tropical rainforests, swim in crystal clear crater lakes and marvel at cascading waterfalls on a journey to remember.
Day 1: Cairns
Day 2: Yungaburra
Day 3: Lake Eacham
Day 4: Malanda Falls
Day 5: Cairns
- Hotel (4 Nights)
- 3 Breakfasts, 3 Lunches, 1 Dinner
- Private Vehicle
- An expert tour leader
- Lake Eacham - Campfire Dinner
- Yungaburra - Group Lunch
- Lake Eacham - Group Lunch
- Malanda Falls - Group Lunch
- Any international flights to/from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Walk Queensland’s Atherton Tablelands with Donkeys tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Personal Itinerary can be tweaked and customized.
- Protected Travel within your own bubble.
- Professional Access our Travel Specialists' insider knowledge.
- Privacy Enjoy a tour focused solely on you or your travel group.
- Earn US$ 65+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Walk Queensland’s Atherton Tablelands with Donkeys tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 29 July 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 29 July 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Walk Queensland’s Atherton Tablelands with Donkeys tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Walk Queensland’s Atherton Tablelands with Donkeys tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip involves plenty of walking over varied terrain and is best suited to travellers with a good level of mobility. Good footwear, clothing for all types of Queensland weather, plus perhaps walking poles are recommended. Details on physical activities can be found in the itinerary.
- Please ensure you consult your local government’s advice regarding domestic travel prior to booking this trip.
- This trip is new to our range this year. And while we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, new destinations can sometimes throw us some unexpected surprises. More often than not, it’ll be a great surprise. But every now and again there might be a hiccup. We like to think that’s what puts the ‘adventure’ in ‘adventure travel’.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.