- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Small group
- age requirement 15+ years old
- max group size 16
- Footprint carbonneutralCO2 emissions resulting from all trips on Bookmundi will be offset via investments in carbon reduction projects.
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date prior to 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour You can select a new tour run by the same operator up to 30 days before departure.
- Experience 180 million years of magic in the world’s oldest rainforest and enjoy access to a secluded private area that’s not open to the general public.
- Spot crocodiles during a wildlife cruise on Cooper Creek, with expert eyes on board to point out creatures hidden in the forest.
- Take a guided walk along the pristine, rainforestrimmed beach of Cape Tribulation, where Europeans tried and failed to tame the coastal wilderness for hundreds of years.
- Learn how to spear fish and gather medicine on Kuyu Kuyu (Cooya Beach) with Kuku Yalanji guides who are committed to maintaining their ancestral traditions and way of life.
- After warm days spent walking deserted beaches and rambling through the rainforest, relax in the comfort of your 4star resort accommodation.
Leave hustle and bustle in the rear-view mirror on this five-day journey to some of the world’s oldest tropical rainforest and the untouched coast it spills onto. This trip takes you into the heart of the land the Kuku Yalanji people have called home for 50,000 years, into the complex ecosystem of the forest and deserted white-sand beaches. Learn about hunting native plants from a First Nations guide, encounter crocodiles and colourful birds on a cruise through mangrove thickets and walk under heavy green canopy in Mossman Gorge.
Day 1: Cairns / Kuranda / Port Douglas
Day 2: Daintree Rainforest / Cape Tribulation / Port Douglas
Day 3: Port Douglas
Day 4: Mossman Gorge / Kuyu Kuyu / Port Douglas
Day 5: Port Douglas / Cairns
- Resort (4 nights)
- 4 Breakfasts, 2 Lunches, 2 Dinners
- Private vehicle , Ferry
- An expert tour leader
- Cairns - Barron Gorge Lookout
- Port Douglas - Local Dinner
- Port Douglas - Leader-lead Orientation Walk
- Port Douglas - Trinity Bay Lookout
- Kuranda - Kuranda Village Visit
- Cape Tribulation - Lookout & Beach Walk
- Daintree Rainforest - Nature Walk with Local Guide
- Daintree Rainforest - Cooper Creek Guided Boat Ride
- Daintree Rainforest - Heritage Restaurant Lunch
- Mossman Gorge - Guided rainforest walk
- Kuyu Kuyu - Kuku Yalanji First Nations Cultural Experience
- Kuyu Kuyu - Kuku Yalanji Aboriginal Painting Class
- Any international flights to/from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Queensland Daintree Explorer tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Save US$ 74 today.
- Earn US$ 49+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- Carbon neutral tours.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Queensland Daintree Explorer tour. You can cancel the tour up to 30 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 29 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 21 June 2022, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 21 June 2022, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 29 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Queensland Daintree Explorer tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Queensland Daintree Explorer tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are traveling to, as part of this itinerary.Is this trip right for you:
- This trip requires a moderate level of fitness as it involves a lot of walking, allowing you to really get among nature. Please bring sturdy, comfortable walking shoes and comfortable clothing.
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Hygiene and safety guidelines will be followed to ensure your well being is looked after during travels.
- All travellers 18 years and older will be required to be fully vaccinated. Children aged 17 years and under must present either a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery or proof of full vaccination. Any customer who is unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons can apply for an exemption. Customers must provide a medical certificate from a medical professional. These new safety measures apply on all trips, except for tours in Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands.