- Sailing, yachting and motor boating
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18-35 yrs
- max group size 48
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
If you're going to learn to dive, you might as well do it submerged in one of the natural wonders of the world. Head out to the Great Barrier Reef and embark on the PADI ‘Open Water' dive course, with 2-days of pool and classroom training followed by 2 nights spent at sea for coral exploration and ocean magic. To the bucket list annnd TICK!
Day 1: Cairns
Day 2: Cairns
Day 3: Cairns to Dive Boat
Day 4: Dive Boat
Day 5: Dive Boat to Cairns
- You'll spend the first two nights in a hostel in Cairns, learning the basics of scuba diving, then it's on to the live-aboard boat for two nights for some actual reef diving.
- An expert Dive Instructor to teach you the essentials. A Captain and Crew while you're out on the water. This is your team. Trusted Contiki partners who are specialised, smart, friendly, fun, and integral to your adventure.
- On the dive boat, healthy and scrumptious fare is provided but in Cairns you're on your own. But fear not, excellent seafood restaurants abound in the sunshine state's backpacker hub.
- Any international flights to/from Cairns are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Learn To Dive tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 28+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Learn To Dive tour. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 44 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 16 April 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 16 April 2021, a deposit of 200 USD is required to confirm the tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 44 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Learn To Dive tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Learn To Dive tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- Smaller group sizes will be implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19 and be in compliance with local authorities’ distancing guidelines and requirements for peace of mind of all travellers.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- A multitude of COVID-19 distancing measures have been implemented on this package tour to keep travellers safe.