- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 23 days
- tour type Group
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- Swim in the Great Barrier Reef.
- Tour an organic farm and enjoy a locallysourced lunch.
- Opt to visit Sydney's iconic Opera House.
- See glowworms in the Waitomo Caves
Part of our new Travel with Confidence Plus Collection, this trip features a smaller group size, private transportation, en-suite bathrooms, and a discounted rate for My Own Room. Discover the lands down under on this 23-day tour through Australia and New Zealand's greatest hits. Venture along Australia's east coast from Cairns to Sydney, stopping to snorkel at the Great Barrier Reef and explore the caves of the Blue Mountains. Afterwards, jet over to New Zealand where you'll get a glimpse into Maori culture and satiate your adrenaline-seeking spirit in the birthplace of bungee jumping. Your bucket list will be significantly shorter once this tour is complete.
Day 1: Cairns
Day 2: Cairns/Cape Tribulation
Day 3: Cape Tribulation
Day 4: Cape Tribulation/Cairns
Day 5: Cairns/Airlie Beach
Day 6: Airlie Beach
Day 7: Airlie Beach/Byron Bay
Day 8: Byron Bay
Day 9: Byron Bay/Port Macquarie
Day 10: Port Macquarie/Blue Mountains
Day 11: Blue Mountains
Day 12: Blue Mountains/Sydney
Day 13: Sydney
Day 14: Sydney/Auckland
Day 15: Auckland
Day 16: Auckland/Rotorua
Day 17: Rotorua
Day 18: Rotorua/Christchurch
Day 19: Christchurch/Lake Ohau
Day 20: Lake Ohau/Queenstown
Day 21: Doubtful Sound
Day 22: Queenstown
Day 23: Queenstown
- Hotels (20 nts), rainforest cabins (2 nts).
12 breakfasts, 4 lunches, 2 dinners
Note: Allow USD955-1245 for meals not included.
- Private vehicle, sailboat, plane, boat, walking
- CEO (Chief Experience Officer) throughout, local guides.
- Your G for Good Moment: Resourceful Ōtautahi Walking Tour, Christchurch
- Your Welcome Moment: Meet Your CEO and Group
- Your Discover Moment: Byron Bay
- Your Foodie Moment: Winery Visit, Central Otago District
- Your Discover Moment: Queenstown
- Guided rainforest walk
- Whitsunday Islands sailing excursion
- Blue Mountains stay with hikes
- Scenic Railway
- Jenolan Caves visit
- Jamison Valley walk
- Waitomo Caves visit
- Maori cultural experience
- Wine tasting
- Aoraki/Mt Cook NP visit with hiking opportunity (weather permitting)
- Aoraki/Mt Cook NP Visitor's Centre visit
- Fiordland NP visit
- Doubtful Sound day cruise
- Orientation walk in Sydney
- Free time in Cairns, Byron Bay, Sydney, Rotorua and Queenstown
- Internal flight
- All transport between destinations and to/from included activities
- Any international flights to Cairns and from Queenstown are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Australia & New Zealand Discovery — Plus tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 287 today.
- Save US$ 191+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Australia & New Zealand Discovery — Plus tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 12 October 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Australia & New Zealand Discovery — Plus tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Australia & New Zealand Discovery — Plus tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.Age Requirement
You must be 18 to travel unaccompanied on a G Adventures tour. For minors travelling with a guardian over 21 years old, the minimum age is 12.Does this trip suit me?
- 1. Travel Style : ClassicAll of the highlights, culture, access, and I-can’t-believe-we-did-that moments, all at a great price.
- 2. Service Level : StandardComfortable tourist-class accommodations with character; mix of public and private transport.
- 3. Physical Grading : 3 - AverageSome tours may include light hiking, biking, rafting, or kayaking in addition to walking.
- 4. Merchandising : Travel with Confidence PlusThis Collection of 37 incredible small group tours features everything we’re doing as part of our Travel with Confidence Policy on all of our tours, PLUS added steps that go that extra, physically distanced mile.
- 5. Trip Type : Small GroupGroup trips average 12 travellers per departure, depending on the adventure. The maximum is usually no more than 16, but some can be smaller or bigger, depending on the trip. Check individual trips for details.