- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 17+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Join this brandnew expedition that reveals the underwater wonders of the legendary Great Barrier Reef, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Come facetoface with massive potato groupers at Cod Hole, and with luck, you’ll have the opportunity to swim with the curious minke whales that migrate through these waters.
- Enjoy daily snorkel and dive excursions to explore pristine reefs far from the tourist track, including remote Osprey Reef.
- Take nature walks on Lizard Island, keeping an eye out for Australian monitor lizards and a variety of seabirds.
Home to fish all colors of the rainbow, playful sea turtles and reef sharks floating lazily by, a trip to the Great Barrier Reef is unlike anything else you’ve ever experienced. Join this exciting expedition and unveil the hidden treasures of our oceans’ most legendary UNESCO World Heritage Site alongside marine biologist and expedition leader, Brad Climpson. Head off the tourist track to remote reefs, swim alongside curious minke whales, search for monitor lizards on Lizard Island, take in the spectacular Aboriginal rock art sites on Stanley Island and enjoy daily excursions with the option to snorkel or scuba dive.Hailing from Sydney Australia, Marine Biologist Brad Climpson is the ultimate guide for your Great Barrier Reef exploration. Not only is the Great Barrier Reef a playground for Brad, but it’s also his laboratory, so he has an intimate knowledge of how complex reef systems work. His passion for the underwater world has taken him all over the globe where he’s perfected his underwater photography. Along with Brad, you’ll be joined by renowned divemasters and conservation biologists especially chosen for this voyage. Our team of expert leaders and lecturers serves to bring a comprehensive educational component to your adventure through lectures, guided excursions, and daily recaps.
Day 1: Arrive in Cairns, Australia.
Day 2: Join members of the Kubirri Warra tribe for a fascinating tour of their
Day 3: The perfect site for your first check-out dive, or to practice your snorkel
Day 4: The Ribbon Reefs are long, thin strips of reef that form the outer edges of
the Great Barrier Reef and lie on the edge of the continental shelf, an
average of 30 to 60 miles away from the coast.
Day 5: Beautiful Lizard Island was discovered by Captain Cook in 1770, and your
morning begins with an optional hike to the highest point of the island,
known as Cook’s Look, where the mariner attempted to find a path through
the maze of beautiful, but deadly reefs.
Day 6: Take a short walk to view several spectacular rock art sites on Stanley
Day 7-8: Spend two full days exploring Ribbon Reef #10, which is famous for the large
number of dwarf minke whales that migrate past the reef from June to July.
Day 9-10: Conditions permitting, venture to remote Osprey Reef, a large submerged atoll
with a shallow central lagoon.
Day 11: Disembark this morning and journey overland to the Atherton Tablelands, a
fertile plateau with several stands of protected rainforest.
Day 12: Flight home.
- Accommodations in our hotel and on board the Coral Expeditions II as outlined in the itinerary
- 11 breakfasts, 10 lunches, 11 dinners , All onboard meals and group meals ashore, including soft drinks, beer, and wine with lunch and dinner
- 42 guests
- Small-Ship Cruise
- 12 days land only
- All gratuities
- Arrival and departure transfers on group dates
- Services of the expedition staff, including lectures, briefings, slide/film shows
- All group activities and excursions
- Landing and port fees
- Medical expense coverage and emergency evacuation insurance
- Scuba and snorkel equipment is available onboard if you prefer not to travel with your own gear
- Any international flights to/from Cairns, Australia are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Best of the Great Barrier Reef tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 350+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of the Great Barrier Reef tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 1098 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 26 July 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Best of the Great Barrier Reef tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of the Great Barrier Reef tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.