- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 18
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the spectacular southwest coast
- Cycle past white quartz beaches and towering sand dunes
- Visit Phoenician ruins and ancient mines
- Enjoy the superb coastal scenery
A guided cycle along the spectacular southwest coast of Sardinia. Plunge into the wild yet romantic beauty of south-western Sardinia and cycle beside empty beaches and abandoned mines in the company of a guide and fellow cyclists. The terrain is rugged in parts, with high cliffs ascending from the coast, interspersed with long sandy beaches, grass covered dunes and breathtaking views. The ride commences through the fascinating Sinis wetlands, home to colonies of pink flamingos, white quartz beaches and the Phoenician ruins of Tharros. At Costa Verde you'll encounter some of the wildest scenery on the island before pedalling on to some of the highest sand dunes in Europe, many up to 50m high. Your guide will take you to the fascinating abandoned mines of Ingurtosu and Planusartu, the golden beaches of Portixeddu and the impressive Pan di Zucchero cliffs before the cycle route descends to Fontanamare. The trip concludes with sensational cycling along the beautiful Costa del Sud, with its gleaming white beaches, and a visit to an ancient Phoenician settlement. Staying in a combination of family run hotels and country lodges which have been carefully selected for their charm and local character, your immersion into the Sardinian culture will be a highlight of the tour.
Day 1 : Arrive Cabras
Day 2 : By bike to visit the Phoenician ruins of Tharros, then to Arborea (36-68km/22-42mi)
Day 3 : Cycle through the Costa Verde to Piscinas beach (46-54km/28.5-33.5mi)
Day 4 : Via the mines of Sulcis to Nebida (41km/25.5mi)
Day 5 : Cycle to Portoscuso, ferry to Carloforte and Calasetta (43km/26.5mi)
Day 6 : Cross back to the mainland and cycle to Sant' Anna Arresi / Porto Pini (40km/25mi)
Day 7 : Peddle to Pula (57km/35.5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow €10-15)
- 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners
- Support van on days 3 and 4
- Luggage transfer
- Ferry tickets as per program
- English speaking guide
- Entry and local guides at museums and sites included in program
- Rental bike with panniers, repair kit, bike computer and water bottle (e-bike available on request - supplement applies). Helmet included on request.
- Travel to Cabras and from Pula
- Lunches & drinks
- Personal expenses such as laundry and phone calls
- Hotel taxes - allow EUR10-15 pp
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 68+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Sardinia Guided Cycle tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 25 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 25 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Sardinia Guided Cycle tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Sardinia Guided Cycle tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.