- Bicycle tour
- duration 8 days
- tour type Self-guided
- age requirement 18+ years old
- max group size 15
- guiding method Self guided/Independent
- Explore the spectacular southwest coast
- Cycle past white quartz beaches and towering sand dunes
- Visit Phoenician ruins and ancient mines
- Enjoy the superb coastal scenery
Cycle along the spectacular southwest coast of Sardinia to discover Phoenician Ruins and beautiful white sandy beaches. Plunge into the wild yet romantic beauty of south-western Sardinia and cycle beside empty beaches and sandunes in total freedom and at your own pace. The terrain is rugged in parts, with high cliffs ascending from the coast, interspersed with long sandy beaches, grass covered dunes and breathtaking views. The ride commences through the fascinating Sinis wetlands, home to colonies of pink flamingos, white quartz beaches and the Phoenician ruins of Tharros. At Costa Verde you'll encounter some of the wildest scenery on the island before pedalling on to some of the highest sand dunes in Europe, many up to 50m high. Your self guided cycling journey will also take you to the fascinating abandoned mines of Ingurtosu and Planusartu, the golden beaches of Portixeddu and the impressive Pan di Zucchero cliffs before descending to Fontanamare. The trip concludes with sensational cycling along the beautiful Costa del Sud, with its gleaming white beaches, and a visit to an ancient Phoenician settlement.
Day 1 : Arrive Cabras
Day 2 : Circular ride to visit the Phoenician ruins of Tharros, then to Arborea (36 or 68km/22 or 42mi)
Day 3 : Cycle through the Costa Verde to Piscinas beach (46-54km/28.5-33.5mi)
Day 4 : Via the mines of Sulcis to Nebida (41km/25.5mi)
Day 5 : Cycle to Portoscuso, ferry to Carloforte, ride to Sant'Antioco and Calasetta (43km/26.5mi)
Day 6 : Cross back to the mainland and cycle to Sant'Anna Arresi/Porto Pini (40km/25mi)
Day 7 : Peddle to Pula (57km/35.5mi)
Day 8 : Trip concludes (Goodbye - Arrivederci)!
- 7 nights accommodation in 3 star hotels on a twin share basis with ensuite facilities (hotel taxes extra, payable locally - allow €10-15)
- Welcome meeting and information pack including route notes & maps per room booked
- 7 breakfasts
- Luggage transfer
- Optional transfer at the end of day 3 to Arbus
- Rental bike with helmet, panniers, repair kit, bike computer and water bottle (electric bike available on request - supplement applies)
- Emergency hotline
- Dinners, lunches & beverages
- Entrance fees
- Travel insurance
- Travel to the start and from the end point of the trip
- Personal expenses
- Unscheduled transfers required during the trip
- Ferry tickets to Carloforte and Calasetta - allow EUR10 per person for each ferry
- Hotel taxes (allow €10-15)
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 42+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Cycling in Sardinia tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 19 June 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 19 June 2021, a deposit is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 69 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Cycling in Sardinia tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Cycling in Sardinia tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be implemented during transportation and followed on the accommodation premises as well.