- duration 11 days
- tour type Self-guided Tour
- age requirement 18+ years old
- Experience the history of the trail and the villages founded by pilgrims
- Enjoy the Meseta with its vast open landscapes perfect for reflective walking
- Explore Frómista's wellpreserved Romanesque church of San Martín and the narrow alleys of Leon
- Enjoy the hospitality of small pilgrim hotels and the camaraderie of the trail
An inspirational walk along the mid section of the Camino across the vast Meseta to Leon. From Burgos, the city of El Cid with its majestic Gothic cathedral, walk the mid section of the French Camino route to the city of Leon. Between the two the route veers away from civilisation to the high plains of central Spain, or the Meseta. Here there are few distractions to the walk, which makes this a unique and inspirational journey where the sound of your footfall competes only with the wind in the corn flelds. At Frómista take in the simplicity of the Romanesque church before continuing on your way to Leon, with its lively tapas bars and grand buildings in complete contrast to the solitude of the Meseta.
Day 1 : Arrive Burgos
Day 2 : Walk to Hornillos, transfer to Isar (6hrs, 21km/13mi)
Day 3 : Morning transfer to Hornillos, walk to Castrojeriz (5hrs, 20km/12.4mi)
Day 4 : Walk from Castrojeriz to Fromista (8hrs, 27km/16.7mi)
Day 5 : Continue to Carrion de los Condes (5.5hrs, 19km/11.8mi)
Day 6 : Walk to Calzadilla de la Cueza (4.5hrs, 16km/9.9mi)
Day 7 : Walk to Sahagun (6.5hrs, 22km/13.7mi)
Day 8 : Walk to El Burgo Ranero (5.5hrs, 18km/11.2mi)
Day 9 : Continue on foot to Mansilla de las Mulas (5.5hrs, 19km/11.8mi)
Day 10 : The final stage to León (5hrs, 18.6km/11.6mi)
Day 11 : Trip concludes
- 10 nights in a combination of quality hotels, farmhouse B&Bs and guesthouses on a twin share basis generally with ensuite facilities
- Information pack including route notes, maps & guidebook per room booked
- 10 breakfasts, 10 dinners: Breakfasts are usually continental inclusive of breads, cheese, ham, tea, coffee & juices. Dinner will consist of 3 courses, usually starting with a salad, followed by a chicken, red meat, fish or pasta dish & finishing with a dessert of fruit or cakes.
- Luggage transfer (1 bag of 20kg max pp - additional bags and excess weight will attract a surcharge)
- Transfer Hornillos-Isar and return the next morning (day 2/3), El Burgo Ranero to Sahagún and return the next morning (day 8/9)
- Emergency hotline
- Visitor tax
- Travel to Leon and from Burgos
- Items of a personal nature including drinks
- Lunch daily
- Travel insurance
- Entrance fees
- excess baggage charges - please advise us if you will have more than one bag weighing a max of 20kgs as extra charges will apply for additional pieces of luggage. Please do not tie smaller bags onto your main luggage as we only include one bag and they will be charged as an extra bag. Charges will be higher if not paid when final balance for your trip is due.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 49 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Camino - Burgos to Leon tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 327 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure. For any departures within 02 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Camino - Burgos to Leon tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Camino - Burgos to Leon tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.