- Booking Type Instant Booking
- duration 5 days
- tour type Group Tour
- age requirement 16+ yrs
- Great location for Northern Lights
- Dramatic Arctic Scenery
- Whale watching and other fantastic wildlife moose, seals, sea eagles
'Spectacular' is no overstatement for the Vesteralen Islands in Northern Norway. The archipelago sits within the Arctic Circle and offers an intoxicating cocktail of fjords and mountains all teeming with wildlife, from soaring eagles to sea otters and reindeer. Crucially, thanks to the Gulf Stream, winters here are relatively mild.Our base in Buksnesfjord is perfectly located to explore the beauty of this landscape by day and its skyscape by night. Needless to say, this far north the Aurora is rarely troubled by light pollution and displays, though never guaranteed, can be extraordinary.
Morning exploration of local area on foot; trip to the nearby valley for
outdoor lunch and ice fishing on Lake Kringelvann.
Tour of Andoy passing through fishing villages on the arctic coast, including
northern Europe's longest beach and to the world's largest Northern Lights
research base. Evening meal in the lavvo.
Drive to Andenes for whale watching excursion; return to Friluftssenter for
free time before the evening meal in the lavvo.
Day 5: Transfer to Evenes.
- All accommodation
- All breakfasts, 3 lunches and 4 dinners included
- (if booking inc. flights)
- 4 nights in wilderness cabins or Aurora guesthouse with shared facilities
- 3 days exploration of the island, including whale watching and research centre visit
- Group normally 6 to 14, plus leader. Min age 16 yrs
- Airport transfers
- Tour leader throughout
- Any international flights to/from Buksnesfjord are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Arctic Lights & Whales tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- You're seeing real-time prices and availabilities.
- Save +US$ 103 in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- +25,000 customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 of 5.0 possible.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Arctic Lights & Whales tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 589 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 61 days before departure. For any departures within 24 March 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Arctic Lights & Whales tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Arctic Lights & Whales tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.