- duration 13 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 14+ yrs
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Wine tasting Taste the specialties in vineyards around Cafayate, famous for their Malbec and Torrontes wines
- Landscapes Journey from arid cactistrewn deserts to rich fertile forests and huge, gaping gorges
- Salt flats Walk on Purmamarca's blindingly white salt plains
- Humahuaca Explore the immense gorge and 'seven coloured mountain'
Take an adventure through the heart of Argentina. This northwest region houses some of Argentina's most inspiring scenery, from colourful mountains and barren salt plains, to spectacular gorges and lunar landscapes. Woven into this tapestry is a strong cultural and gastronomic presence - throughout the tour, discover the indigenous heritage still found in the Andean region and contrast this with multi-cultural Buenos Aires. Wine tasting - Taste the specialities in vineyards around Cafayate, famous for their Malbec and Torrontes wines Magnificent scenery - Journey from arid cacti-strewn deserts to rich fertile forests and blinding salt plains Humahuaca - Explore the immense gorge and 'seven coloured mountain', and take a drive up to San Antonio de los Cobres
Day 1 : Join trip in Buenos Aires
Day 2 : Fly to San Juan; visit Leoncito National Park and observatory
Day 3 : Drive to Villa Union through the Las Burras gorge
Day 4 : Discover the lunar landscape of Ischigualasto National Park
Day 5 : Explore the red desert of the Talampaya National Park
Day 6 : Wine-tasting in Cafayate and visit to indigenous Quilmes ruins
Day 7 : Drive drive to Cachi through 'Broken Arrow Gorge'
Day 8 : Drive to Salta through high arid cactus deserts down to fertile forests on the 'Bishop's Hill Road'
Day 9 : Walking tour of Salta; optional walk through San Lorenzo Gorge
Day 10 : Follow the rails of the Train to the Clouds
Day 11 : Discover Humahuaca Gorge; visit local villages
Day 12 : Fly to Buenos Aires; walking tour of La Boca and Plaza de Mayo
Day 13 : Trip ends in Buenos Aires
- 12 nights comfortable hotel
- 12 Breakfast, 1 Dinner
- Bus, Flight
- Explore Tour Leader, Driver(s), Local Guide(s)
- Any international flights to/from Buenos Aires are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Wine and landscapes of Argentina tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 116+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Wine and landscapes of Argentina tour. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 59 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 332 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 59 days before departure. For any departures within 16 April 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Wine and landscapes of Argentina tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Wine and landscapes of Argentina tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.