- duration 12 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- minimum participants 2
- age requirement 1+ years old
- age_requirement 1+ years old
- See the 2020 solar eclipse from Bariloche & discover its highlights
- Visit Perito Moreno Glacier. Appreciate its massive, 262 foot ice walls during boat ride
- Travel to Iguazu Falls National Park. Discover the waterfall from Argentina & Brazil
- Discover the cosmopolitan Buenos Aires during a sightseeing tour. Enjoy tango performance
Book this 12-day, private tour with us and get the chance to see the December 2020 solar eclipse from Bariloche. Located in the Argentine Patagonia, Bariloche is regarded by experts as one of the best places on earth to view the eclipse from.
This guided tour starts from Buenos Aires. A sightseeing tour of the city including a tango performance is followed by a flight to El Calafate. While there, you will visit Los Glaciers National Park and see the stunning Perito Moreno Glacier, the only advancing glacier in the world.
View the solar eclipse from Bariloche and discover its natural highlights before continuing to Iguazú Falls, which you will discover from both the Argentine and Brazilian side. Your Argentina solar eclipse journey comes to an end in the capital city where we will drive you to the airport for your flight home.
Our hightlights have been the Iquazu Falls and the P. Moreno Glacier.
We have to favorite hotels - Toss up between the Jasy in Iquazu and the Pudu Lodge in El Chaltan. We liked the size of the rooms, the tranquility and the locations (quiet in the country) were very nice plus the balcony of the Jasy hotel.
Our favorite exucrions have been to Iquazu Falls and the Mendoza wineries. The falls were spectacular, and the wineries were very pleasant out in the country. Winery experience different from wineries in the United States. Also the P. Moreno Glacier.
Besides Patty, we enjoyed our guide in Bariloche (Frederico) and our Mendoza wine guide.. all guides were very knowledgeable. We particularly liked Frederico's enthusiasm for nature and his knowledge of Argentina's history, politics, geography, etc.
A page or two for us "English" speaking tourists, of useful phrases in the countries we visited would be useful. IE Bon Dia (good day) in Brazil, thank you, etc. And a page on paragraphs of common customs. what to expect, etc. in each country (what is polite, nor not polite, etc).
Jay and I give Say Hueque excellent grades for putting together a perfectly paced and interesting itinerary. We felt the amount of time at each place was appropriate. We felt safe the entire time, and understood that it could be a challenge. We thought the locations of the hotels were excellent!!! Close to everything we needed, clean and comfortable. We particularly liked meeting Patty in person and enjoyed sharing WHAT's APP pictures. The gift (bottle of wine) was delicious and thoughtful.
We will post our comments on trip advisor as well, and recommend Say Hueque to any one we know that may be interested in going to South America.”
All the hotels were very good except for the first hotel upon our arrival in Lima from the states. That was the El Tambo II which was the pits. Other than that you made good hotel Picks with Casa Sur Palermo in Buenos Aires the best of the bunch.
All excursions were good but we liked Machu Picchu; and Iguazu Falls best. One suggestion: Guides should not assume that because we look old we should cut things short. Ask us if we are tired or willing to go on and tell us what is ahead if we choose to go on. Let us make the decision to continue or cut things short. We found we missed some things because of that.”
Day 1: Buenos Aires arrival
Day 2: Buenos Aires city tour & tango show
Day 3: Buenos Aires – Patagonia (El Calafate)
Day 4: El Calafate: Perito Moreno Glacier tour
Day 5: Free day in El Calafate
Day 6: From El Calafate to Bariloche
Day 7: Bariloche: History and nature
Day 8: Bariloche: Solar eclipse
Day 9: From Bariloche to Iguazu Falls
Day 10: Iguazu Falls tour from the Argentine side
Day 11: Iguazu Falls from the Brazilian side
Day 12: Buenos Aires departure
- Meals: 10 breakfasts, snacks and dinner on Day 2, boxed lunch on Day 7 & lunch on Day 8
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. All land transport as per the itinerary (domestic flights not included)
- Bilingual local guides in English & Spanish languages
- Accommodation (on twin-share basis): 3 nights in a Buenos Aires hotel; 3 nights' hotel accommodation in El Calafate; 3 nights at a hotel in Bariloche; and 2 night's stay at a hotel in Iguazú
- All activities as per the itinerary (except those mentioned optional)
- Both international & domestic flights are not included in the tour price
- Visa fees
- National Park entrance fees
- Single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers & not included in the tour price
- Bariloche Eco Fee: Payable in cash at the hotel. Varies from USD2 to USD4 per person, per night, depending on the hotel category
- Iguazú Eco Fee: This is a mandatory tax to be paid to your Iguazú hotel. It is about USD5 per person, per night but differs according to your hotel category. Only cash accepted
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Anything mentioned optional on the above itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Group tours will be reduced to smaller sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.