- duration 12 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 1+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Go minihiking on Perito Moreno Glacier
- Explore El Chalten. Trek in Cerro Torre
- Visit Ushuaia, the city at the end of the world
- Enjoy trekking and canoeing in Tierra del Fuego National Park
Join us on this 12-day, guided trip to discover the vast, rugged landscape of snow and ice that this region is known for and enjoy the otherworldly beauty of this place. Starting form Buenos Aires, the capital of Argentina, this tour will take you to El Calafate, El Chalten and Ushuaia.
Enjoy a sightseeing tour of Buenos Aires and try sumptuous Argentine delicacies. Learn more about Argentine culinary culture with your tour guide. Your next destination is El Calafate where you will get the chance to hike on the surface of the massive Perito Moreno Glacier and sail across the Iceberg Channel.
Your next destination is El Chalten, Argentina's trekking capital, where you will go on a hiking trip in Cerro Torre before heading for the city at the end of the world, Ushuaia. Enjoy trekking and canoeing in Tierra del Fuego National Park; visit Estancia Harberton, an old ranch founded by the first British immigrants; and set sail in a rubber dinghy for a close-up view of a Magellanic penguin colony on an island.
Catch the flight back to the capital after that. We will drive you to the airport on the last day of the tour. For more details, please go through the itinerary below.
Day 1: Buenos Aires arrival
Day 2: Buenos Aires city tour with dinner
Day 3: Buenos Aires – El Calafate
Day 4: El Calafate: Glacier mini-hike
Day 5: Free day in El Calafate
Day 6: El Calafate – El Chalten
Day 7: El Chalten: Cerro Torre trekking
Day 8: El Chalten – Ushuaia
Day 9: Ushuaia: Trekking and Canoeing in Tierra del Fuego National Park
Day 10: Ushuaia: Harberton Ranch and penguin rockery
Day 11: Ushuaia – Buenos Aires
Day 12: Buenos Aires departure
- Meals: 11 breakfasts, 5 lunches and 1 dinner
- Accommodation in standard boutique hotels: 3 nights in Buenos Aires, 3 in El Calafate, 2 in El Chaltén, and 3 in Ushuaia
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. All transport as per the itinerary in private vehicles except for the mini-hike on Perito Moreno Glacier (shuttle bus)
- Domestic flights as per the itinerary
- Entrance tickets to all national parks and Estancia Harberton
- Local English-speaking guide on all outings
- English speaking tour coordinator
- International flights
- Activities mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Meals not specified
- Travel insurance
- Early check-in and late check-out on the first and the last day of the tour
- Expenses that are personal in nature like phone calls and laundry
- Excursions and activities mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Single supplement is compulsory for solo travelers (please consult us if you are traveling alone)
- Services or tours not mentioned on the itinerary
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
40% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 60 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 60 days prior departure, but the 40% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 60 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 40% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 60 days prior departure. For any bookings within 60 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationThe price is per person on a double basis (2 people). Please, consult our pricing per person on a singleroom basis (1 person) if you are a solo traveler The age range allowed on this tour is from 10 to 65 years of age Vaccination not required Difficulty: Medium. No special training is required. Accommodation: Standard rooms in hotels mentioned on the itinerary Transport: All transfers are made in private vehicle and plane All hikes are of medium difficulty and require a good level of physical fitness Hikes and treks are always organized under the supervision of a local guide Travel insurance is not included Please note that to confirm this trip a minimum of 8 participants are needed. In the event that this minimum number is NOT reached, the trip will be cancelled. This will be communicated to you at least 20 days before the starting date you have chosen. As an alternative, we will offer another package (individual tour) for the same planned time with the same itinerary or an alternative one, specifying the amount that each service costs. Early checkin: The checkin time at all the hotels is after 3:00 pm. Early check in Buenos Aires is not included in the price. Ask if you would like to add it to your package Domestic Flights: All domestic flights are operated by Aerolineas Argentinas. Maximum weight of cabin luggage is 8 kg and 15 kg for check-in luggage. Flight route information: AR1846 03 MAR Buenos Aires - El Calafate - 08:00hs -11:15hs AR1820 08 MAR El Calafate - Ushuaia - 15:50hs -17:10hs AR1785 11 MAR Ushuaia - Buenos Aires - 16:50hs - 20:10hs Travel Insurance: Travel or cancellation insurance is not included. We strongly recommend getting a policy in your home country. Trip Order: The order of this tour can change. However, we guarantee all of the excursions and activities except in case of force majeure or unexpected events.