- duration 10 days
- tour type Private
- tour_type Private tour
- minimum participants 4
- age requirement 1+ years old
- Change dates It is free to change your tour start date within 30 days of departure.
- Choose a different tour Select a new tour run by the same tour operator within 30 days of departure.
- See Perito Moreno Glacier during a boat ride
- Travel to Ushuaia & discover its highlights including Tierra del Fuego lighthouse
- Navigate the famous Beagle Channel. Walk with penguins on Bird Island
- Explore the bohemian Buenos Aires during a sightseeing tour. Ride bike around the city
Discover the bohemian spirit of its streets and breathe in the delicious aroma of its cafés. Explore the city along with your local tour guide who specialises in family trips! Then leave the big city behind and fly to El Calafate, the famous gateway to the glaciers in southern Patagonia. Sail across the Mayo Channel and visit the famous Perito Moreno Glacier.
Last on the list is Ushuaia, the only Argentine city behind the great Andes Mountain Ring. Spend eight hours in the lush wilderness of Tierra del Fuego National Park, where you will hike through the Costera Path and canoe down the Lapataia River, and meet the little lords of the southernmost lands: the Magellanic penguin. You will love the sight of these creatures and so will your kids!
Given that we did not want to be part of a larger tour group (12-16 people), this approach worked best for us. The booking staff (Lucia and Yuna) and our in-country hostess (Ursula) were all available prior to and during our trip, which made this "bucket-list" 18-day vacation very easy for us at a more-than-competitive cost.
We would recommend Say Hueque to anyone (and already have).”
As I had already stayed in Buenos Aires for several times one of my Argentinian friends insisted, I had to get out of the city and have a look at other wonderful places around Argentinia. I rather prefer warm places and mountains, so I decided after some weeks here in BsAs to go for getting some information about the North of Argentinia in Say Hueque, because I already had a nice experience of a friendly lady a year ago. There I got some basic ideas to think about my trip. When I finally returned with the idea to go to Salta and take el tren en las nubes', an interesting package' of places to visit was prepared for me. Unfortunately this idea could not be realized as the train did not run in this period, but I was offered an interesting variation of my original plan >> going for a day to Cafyate. What could be a disappointment at first sight then became the most interesting and amazing part of my whole trip: the first part we were going to Cachi, a place that overwhelmed me because of it was small, quiet and just lovely as well as the next stop in Molinos where we had a small lunch and enjoyed the fascinating atmosphere of this unique place - could have stayed there a little longer. The landscape we travelled through then was awesome to look at. Arriving in Cafayate I enjoyed a wine tasting and finally was taken to a nice hotel to relax and spend the night there.
I was completely satisfied about the choice of the hotels the agency had booked for me, real nice places all of them: one in Cafayte, one in Salta and one in Purmamarca.
I had quite enough time to explore Salta on my own after my day trips, enjoy visiting a pea and some museums.
All the guides that accompanied us were quite friendly and informed profoundly about the places. I visited San Antonio de las Cobres and later Las Salinas Grandes and finally got to Purmamarca where I spent the night. I loved this place because of its amazing mountains surrounding it and enjoyed the curcuit' there.
The last part was the trip through the Quebrada de Humahuaca and to Tilcara - amazing as all the other places.
All in all my 5-day-trip was awesome, the recommendations and the organization of Federico Luna from Say Hueque was something I did really enjoy and appreciate. I would go there with pleasure again for booking another tour !
Best wishes Federico, have a good time; at the moment I really, really enjoy a lovely and rather warm spring time for a change here in my local area.”
All the hotels were very good except for the first hotel upon our arrival in Lima from the states. That was the El Tambo II which was the pits. Other than that you made good hotel Picks with Casa Sur Palermo in Buenos Aires the best of the bunch.
All excursions were good but we liked Machu Picchu; and Iguazu Falls best. One suggestion: Guides should not assume that because we look old we should cut things short. Ask us if we are tired or willing to go on and tell us what is ahead if we choose to go on. Let us make the decision to continue or cut things short. We found we missed some things because of that.”
Day 1: Welcome to Buenos Aires & explore the neighborhood
Day 2: History of Buenos Aires & city tour on bike
Day 3: Argentina’s rural culture: Estancia El Ombú de Areco
Day 4: From Buenos Aires to Patagonia (El Calafate)
Day 5: El Calafate: Mayo Channel & Perito Moreno Glacier
Day 6: Leisure day in Calafate
Day 7: From El Calafate to Ushuaia
Day 8: Hiking and paddling in Tierra del Fuego National Park
Day 9: Ushuaia: Beagle Channel boat trip, penguins & sea lions
Day 10: Hasta Pronto Ushuaia (departure day)
- Meals: 9 breakfast, 4 lunch (lunch is included on days 2, 3, 8, & 9)
- 3 nights' accommodation at a hotel in Buenos Aires. 3 nights in an El Calafate hotel and a 3-night stay at a hotel in Ushuaia
- Pickup and drop-off transfers. Land transport as per the itinerary
- Entrance to Estancia Harberton
- Entrance to museums mentioned on the itinerary
- Experienced, bilingual tour guides (English and Spanish languages)
- Argentina Challenge Adventure kit
- Please note that the tour price applies only for a family of four: 2 adults and 2 children between 8 and 14 years of age. Please send us an inquiry for any alternative arrangement
- Both international & domestic flight tickets.
- Argentina visa charges
- National park entrance fees
- Travel insurance for your family
- Anything mentioned optional on the itinerary
- Expenses that are personal in nature, like phone calls and laundry
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
20% Deposit payable upfront. Remaining balance payable 45 days prior to trip departure. Free cancellation up to 45 days prior departure, but the 20% deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applicable within 45 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 20% is required when booking this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 45 days prior departure. For any bookings within 45 days of departure, the full tour amount will be charged upon booking.Travel Insurance
We advise to take out Travel Insurance to cover for any unforeseen circumstances. Bookmundi recommends World Nomads' travel insurance.Other Practical InformationPassport, Visa and Vaccinations It is the responsibility of the traveler to be in possession of a valid passport and visa permits. Inoculations and preventive medicines as may be required for the duration of the tour. Information about these matters or related items is given in good faith but without responsibility on the part of the tour operator. Please note that the tour price applies only for a family of four: 2 adults and 2 children between 8 and 14 years of age. Please send us an inquiry for any alternative arrangement COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene global standardised protocols have been adopted.
- Group tours will be reduced to smaller sizes to protect against COVID-19.
- Hygiene protocols have been adopted on this trip. Wearing a mask, hand washing and general sanitizing has been implemented on this tour. Frequently touched surfaces are furthermore regularly disinfected.
- Distancing measures have been implemented to safeguard against COVID-19.