- Polar expeditions and cruise
- duration 14 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ yrs
- max group size 199
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Be one of the few travellers to venture to 66°33'S
- Visit research stations along the Antarctic Peninsula
- Witness abundant Antarctic wildlife, including penguins, seals and whales
- Experience western Antarctic Peninsula highlights and visit iconic landing sites
The aim on this voyage is to head as far south as ice and weather permit. After a few days exploring the 'deep south', there are further shore excursions on the northerly route along the Antarctic Peninsula. The ship is small enough to navigate through the narrow Lemaire Channel, with glacial walls towering high on both sides, leading to a jigsaw of jewel-like islands that are home to huge penguin rookeries, Elephant seals and countless seabirds. There are also whales: imagine a pair of Humpbacks, at least 30 tonnes of mammal, rising imperiously against a turquoise ice-wall viewed from a Zodiac only metres away, and you have the essence of the Antarctic.
Amazing scenery, captivating and exciting wildlife, a plethora of facts, figures and general education from the on board experts and I can claim a world first to boot from my holiday to the Antarctic and below the polar circle.”
Day 1: Arrive Buenos Aires
Day 2: Fly to Ushuaia and embark
Day 3-4: Crossing The Drake Passage
Day 5-7: South Shetland Islands & Antarctic Peninsula
Day 8-9: Antarctic Circle
Day 10-11: Northbound Along the Peninsula
Day 12-13: Sail back through the Drake Passage
Day 14: Disembarkation in Ushuaia and fly to Buenos Aires
- 12 nights on the ship, 1 night hotel in Buenos Aires , All accommodation
- Beer and wine during dinner
- All transport and listed activities
- We can include flights from the UK. Please contact us for a quote.
- Expedition cruising in comfortable conditions
- All meals while on the ship
- Tour leader throughout and qualified Expedition Staff
- Any international flights to/from Buenos Aires are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Crossing the Circle via Buenos Aires tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Earn US$ 350+ in travel credits.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Crossing the Circle via Buenos Aires tour. You can cancel the tour up to 62 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 61 days of departure.Payment
For any tour departures within 06 July 2021, full payment is required. For tours that depart later than 06 July 2021, a deposit of 10% is required to confirm this tour, and the remaining balance will be charged 61 days before trip departure.Travel Insurance
Crossing the Circle via Buenos Aires tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Crossing the Circle via Buenos Aires tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- This tour has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ stamp, which provides travellers with assurance that COVID-19 health and hygiene protocols have been adhered to.
- An average group size of maximum 10 people have been implemented on this tour to protect against COVID-19. Local authority requirements will furthermore be followed.
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented on this package tour. Frequently touched surfaces are regularly disinfected. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will furthermore be followed in transportation, accommodation and meal venues.
- Several COVID-19 distancing measures have been adopted on this package tour to keep travellers safe.