- duration 22 days
- tour type Group
- age requirement 18+ years old
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Experience impressive Buenos Aires – the ‘Paris’ of South America
- Marvel at the breathtaking waterfalls of Iguazu Falls
- Walk the last day of the classic Inca Trail KM104
- Day Walks a long beautiful Inca pathways in the Sacred Valley
An unrivalled journey through Argentina, Peru and Bolivia and a trek to Machu Picchu. On this complete panorama of South America we combine the cultural highlights with time in the Amazon jungle and a spectacular day walks in the Andes. Exploring the cultural dimensions of our journey we travel from Buenos Aires, the vibrant Paris of South America, and the magnificent Iguazu Falls to Lima. We continue onto Cusco, with its endearing Inca and Spanish heritage and La Paz with its colourful markets and live music clubs. By contrast, the more active stages of the program will provide further enduring memories. In the rainforest of the Amazon jungle, we undertake gentle canoe trips in search of the prolific birdlife, while in the Andes we trek on ancient pathways. In the company of our experienced guides we follow sections of what were once ancient Inca Trails past traditional villages before finally ascending to the cloud forest to join the last section of the legendary Inca Trail into Machu Picchu.
Day 1 : Arrive Buenos Aires (Argentina)
Day 2 : Fly to Iguazu Falls
Day 3 : Iguazu Falls and fly to Lima
Day 4 : In Lima - city tour
Day 5 : Fly to Puerto Maldonado – Jungle Lodge
Day 6 : Jungle Lodge
Day 7 : Fly to Cusco
Day 8 : Tour of Cusco and the nearby ruins
Day 9 : Drive and walk down into the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 10 : Second day in the Sacred Valley of the Incas
Day 11 : Patacancha, Huilloq, Pumamarca Hike to Ollantaytambo
Day 12 : Ollantaytambo to Cachiccata Quarry Hike
Day 13 : Cachiccata to Piscacucho Hike
Day 14 : Train to KM 104 Inca Trail, arrive at Aguas Calientes
Day 15 : Explore Machu Picchu and return to Cusco
Day 16 : Cusco - free day
Day 17 : To Puno and Lake Titicaca
Day 18 : Lake Titicaca - the Uros Islands
Day 19 : Drive from Puno to Copacabana
Day 20 : Drive from Copacabana to La Paz
Day 21 : Morning walking tour of the city of La Paz
Day 22 : Free day in La Paz
- Good quality hotel accommodation
- 21 breakfasts, 7 lunches and 2 dinners
- Airport transfers if arriving Day 1 and departing on Day 23
- All internal transportation by private vehicle (except drive from Cusco to Puno - we use the first class public bus to Puno for small groups of up to 5 people)
- Expert bilingual guide for each section (Buenos Aires, Iguazu, Peru, Bolivia)
- Group medical kit
- Sightseeing and site entrance fees as listed
- International flights and taxes
- Internal Flights Buenos Aires/Iguazu/Lima/Puerto Maldonado/Cusco are not included. The domestic flights in South America will be quoted separately as they can often change considerably and depends on the international airline that you fly with internationally. Certain airlines flying to Peru offer special discounted fares for domestic flights if booked in conjunction with the international ticket. Domestic flights have become increasingly expensive, and rather than charge everyone a set amount, our intention is to find you the best possible domestic flight deal in conjunction with your international ticket. Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details and a flight quote. If you are booking the internal flights yourself, please contact us so we can advise which flights are suitable.
- Cost of laundry and alcoholic beverages
- Non-trekking option (please ask our office for additional cost)
- City of Puerto Iguazu Municipal Tax (approx USD$2 per person per night)
- Travel Insurance
- Medical treatment
- Excess baggage costs
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 235 today.
- Save US$ 156+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Best of South America - Over 55's adventure tour. You can cancel the tour up to 70 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 69 days of departure.Payment
A deposit may be required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 69 days before departure.Travel Insurance
Best of South America - Over 55's adventure tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Best of South America - Over 55's adventure tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.For Solo Travelers
A twin share room may not always be available for solo travelers as it depends on the final number of people on the tour. If you have picked twin share room while booking, and that option is not available, we will get back to you after booking. A single room might then be available against an additional fee.