- Explore some of the most beautiful landmarks of Budapest
- Enjoy breathtaking views from Castle Hill
- Visit the historic 13th-century Castle District
- Indulge in goodies in a 19th-century pastry shop
Get to know the real Hungary with this historical Budapest tour. You will begin with a short minibus ride to reach the entrance gate of the Castle District, where you’ll set off on your Budapest adventure.
Pass by historical buildings that seem to be silent and sleepy, but just wait until your guide tells you stories from behind the walls! Enjoy the small architectural details prevalent in the Castle District and hear tales of former inhabitants and owners of the houses.
Next up on your Budapest tour, you’ll pass by the oldest confectionary shop of the city and visit the first private art gallery of Hungary.
After taking a walk around the Royal Palace and admiring the breath-taking view from the hilltop, we’ll walk back to the residential part of the Castle District. Here, we have time for a surprising discovery in the Hotel Hilton before our Budapest tour comes to an end at Matthias Church, one of the most beautiful buildings in the city.
At the end of your tour your guide will give you some local tips on where to go to enjoy a glass of wine or lunch in the district.
- Local english-speaking guide
- Transportation as indicated
- Entrance ticket to matthias church
- A small sample of local food specialties.
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips / gratuities for your guide.
Child Policy: This is a child-friendly tour. Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children under the age of 6 are permitted to join this tour free of charge. Please inform us at the time of booking if you’ll be bringing a child under the age of 6. You can do so in the special request box on the checkout page.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.