- Natural landmarks sightseeing
- Cultural, religious and historic sites
- duration 9 hours
- tour type Private
- age requirement 1+ years old
- max group size 19
- guiding method Live Guide/Instructor
- Explore the north shore of Lake Balaton
- Visit the largest hand painted porcelain manufacturer in the world
- Discover the Tihany Peninsula & see its 1,000 year old Benedictine abbey
- Have lunch in a local csárda
Next on the itinerary is the beautiful Lake Balaton. See the 1,000-year-old Benedictine abbey on Tihany Peninsula. This abbey houses the tomb of the Hungarian King Andrew I, the only royal burial place in the country that has retained its originality. From right behind the abbey, you can enjoy the beautiful panorama of Lake Balaton.
Also known as the Hungarian Sea, Lake Balaton is the largest freshwater lake in Central Europe (78km long). It is also the most visited destination in Hungary after Budapest. Take a short walk down a road with cafes, restaurants and folk art shops on either sides and have lunch in a local csarda (restaurant).
After lunch, it is time to return back to Budapest. Stop in Balatonfüred, the first spa town in Hungary, along the way. We will drop you off at your accommodation in the city.
- An experienced, private tour guide
- Transport provided by luxury vehicles (Mercedes, Audi A6 or similar)
- Entrance fees to Herend Porcelain Museum with coffee
- Lunch (one main dish of your choice with a soft drink)
- Pickup from and drop off to your hotel or accommodation in Budapest
- Entrance fees to any sights not mentioned in the "What's Included" section
- Gratuities (optional)
- Excellent customer service. Our travel experts are ready to help you 24/7.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ trip reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
Cancellation for this product is free up to 48 hours before the chosen start date - full refund will be given. If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.Other Practical InformationPlease provide your pick-up location in Budapest after booking this trip. COVID-19 Safety Measures
This trip incorporates the following COVID-19 measures:
- Wearing a mask, hand washing and sanitizing has been implemented per local government advice. Frequent disinfection of regularly touched surfaces is highly encouraged. Hygiene safety measures and distancing will be ensured in our accommodations and also during transportation.