- Get an introduction to the sights and history of Jewish Budapest
- Admire the Moorish Revival architecture of the Dohany Street Synagogue
First, your guide shows you the most important chapters of the Hungarian Jewry’s history and the Elizabeth town. Meanwhile, walk on the streets of the so-called Pest Jewish Quarter, and explore the "status quo ante” Rumbach Street Synagogue (outside visit).
As the highlight of the tour, visit the Dohány Street Synagogue (interior visit), which is the largest in Europe and the second largest in the world.You also get a local guided tour in the Jewish Museum, where you get acquainted with the Hungarian Jewish heritage through a unique collection of art pieces from Hungary and Eastern Europe, and the rich tradition of Judaism, its holidays and everyday life.A separate room commemorates the Hungarian Holocaust.
Beside these you will visit the Martyrs’ Cemetery, the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park with the Tree of Life and the Heroes' Temple (outside visit). After the tour it is possible to visit the Jewish Quarter Exhibition in the Goldmark Hall and the Family Research Center.
- Entrance fee to the Jewish Museum
- Entrance fee to the Dohány Street Synagogue
- Entrance fee to the Raoul Wallenberg Memorial Park
- Entrance fee to the Jewish Centre, where you can visit the Hungarian Jewish Archive and an audio-visual exhibition about the past of the Jewish Quarter in Budapest
Sztehlo Gábor Monument
Rumbach street Synagogue (outside visit)
Jewish Museum with local guiding
Interior visit of the Dohány Street Synagogue
Martyrs’ Cemetery - Holocaust Memorial Park
Raoul Wallenberg Park
Tree of Life
Heroes’ Temple – (outside visit)
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.