- duration 8 days
- tour type Cruise
- age requirement 2+ years old
Celebrate the season in the birthplace of many beloved holiday traditions.
Budapest has celebrated Christmas for a thousand years, since the reign of St. Stephen, the king who founded Hungary and encouraged the spread of Christianity throughout his realm. As you ramble through the Christmas Market on Vörösmarty Square, admiring the handmade porcelain, stop to watch as kürtos kalács (a pastry) is baked on rods over an open fire and then coated with sugar before it’s handed to you.
In Bratislava, where a lively young art scene is revitalizing the compact city core, stalls abound with traditional Slovakian Christmas items such as medovníky (spiced ginger cookies) and šúpolie (figurines made from corn husks). Experience Uniworld’s exclusive “Taste of Christmas” program in the heart of Vienna during the day.
Glorious baroque architecture, delightful concerts and ravishing scenery will make this Christmas season unforgettable as you sail through the holidays on the Danube.
Who will enjoy this cruise? Music lovers will find many special holiday treats on this cruise, from onboard caroling to an exclusive organ recital. Shoppers will delight in the chance to pick out a variety of unique gifts at enchanting Christmas markets.
Day 1: Passau (Embark)
Day 2: Passau
Day 3: Linz (Salzburg)
Day 4: Cruising the Wachau Valley, Krems
Day 5: Vienna
Day 6: Cruising the Danube River, Bratislava
Day 7: Budapest
Day 8: Budapest (Disembark)
- 7-night cruise in a riverview stateroom on the stately S.S. Maria Theresa
- Lavishly appointed riverview staterooms and suites have handcrafted Savoir® Beds of England, high thread count 100% Egyptian cotton sheets and European duvets, and a menu of pillow options
- Free Internet and Wi-Fi access
- All meals onboard, prepared using the finest and freshest ingredients
- 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, 7 dinners
- Captain’s Welcome and Farewell Receptions
- Welcome and Farewell Gala Dinners
- Unlimited beverages onboard, including fine wine, beer, spirits, specialty coffee and tea, soft drinks and mineral water
- 6 days of excursions, including “Choice Is Yours” options, all fully hosted by English-speaking local experts
- Guided “Taste of Christmas” program
- State-of-the-art Quietvox portable audio-headset system on all excursions
- Use of Nordic walking sticks
- 4 countries: Austria, Germany, Hungary, Slovakia
- 4 UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Services of an experienced Uniworld Cruise Manager
- All transfers on arrival and departure days
- Captivating onboard local entertainment
- Any international flights to Budapest and from Passau are not included in this price. We always recommend that you arrive 1 day prior to your tour starting date.
- Travel insurance is not included in this Danube Holiday Markets (2021) tour. Travel insurance is mandatory to buy. We recommend purchasing it from World Nomads.
- Real-time prices and availability.
- Save US$ 122+ in travel credits on your next booking.
- Best price guaranteed.
- No credit card or booking fees.
- 100% financial protection.
- 25,000+ customer reviews, with an average rating of 4.9 out of 5.
- Read more reasons to book with Bookmundiless
No additional cancellation fees apply for this Danube Holiday Markets (2021) tour. You can cancel the tour up to 121 days prior departure and avoid paying the full amount, but your deposit paid is non-refundable. No refund applies for cancellations within 120 days of departure.Payment
A deposit of 350 USD is required to confirm this tour. The remaining balance will be charged 120 days before departure. For any departures within 26 September 2020 full payment is required.Travel Insurance
Danube Holiday Markets (2021) tour requires that you have adequate and valid travel insurance covering medical and personal accidents, including repatriation costs and emergency evacuation. We recommend using World Nomads' travel insurance.Visa
For this Danube Holiday Markets (2021) tour getting the required visa(s) is the responsibility for each individual traveller, as visa requirements vary depending on your nationality. We recommend to check with your local embassies representing the countries that you are travelling to, as part of this itinerary.