- Experience the flavours of Budapest, one of Europe’s biggest food capitals
- Indulge in handmade bonbons at an award winning fair trade chocolate factory
- Enjoy a delicious bowl of authentic goulash, Hungary’s most famous dish
This tour kicks off to a delicious start at Central Market Hall, one of Budapest’s best loved landmarks. At over a hundred years old, Central Market Hall is rich in both history and flavour. Sample mouthwatering salami and sausages as your guide captivates you with tales of the building’s history.
Next you will be led on an exciting exploration of the hidden streets of downtown Budapest. A mecca for foodies, downtown Budapest is a treasure trove with tasty treats at every turn. Here you will head to a popular local café and enjoy some fresh water fish.
If you have a sweet tooth, you are in for a treat. The next stop on this Hungarian food tour is at one of the best chocolate factories in Budapest. An award winning producer of handmade, fair trade chocolate, the bonbons here are to die for.
Then it is time for a refreshing spritzer at a retro Budapest café before heading to the Jewish District. Admire the largest synagogue in Europe while savouring the unique flavours of Jewish cuisine.
Finally, you will cross the World Heritage listed Andrássy Avenue on your way to an authentic Hungarian restaurant near Saint Stephen Cathedral. Here, you will experience the very best of Budapest’s cuisine as you wolf down delicious local goulash, Hungary’s most famous dish.
An eating experience like no other, you will leave this tour with your taste buds tingling.
- Local english-speaking guide
- Tasting food at approximately 5 places and a glass of spritzel (or soft drink)
- A bottle of plain mineral water
- Small map indicating the spots visited
- And surprise recipe!
- Items of a personal nature and tips or gratuities for guide.
Child Policy: Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed above. Please select ‘child’ above when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour.
If cancelling less than 48 hours before the chosen start date no refund applies.